Diving Costa Rica
The Amazing Gulf of Papagayo
Frequently asked questions when traveling to Costa Rica, in times of COVID-19
CRS TOURS COVID -19 HEALTH PROTOCOL COSTA RICA
5 reasons why you should choose Costa Rica as your first destination after Covid-19
Costa Rica becomes one of the most popular vacation destinations on Google
- The Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) has an English-language website detailing the most recent entry requirements: https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements.
- For up-to-date information on current entry requirements, please review the U.S. Embassy’s Mascot Messages at this link: https://cr.usembassy.gov/category/messages-for-us-citizens/
Latest update January 06, 2023:
People from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan and Macao must present a negative covid-19 test to enter Costa Rica. In this way, the measure is finalized by executive decree and will be in force as of next Monday, January 9, according to the Ministry of Health.
“THOSE WHO HAVE BEEN IN THESE TERRITORIES IN THE LAST 14 DAYS, MUST SUBMIT A RT-PCR OR ANTIGEN TEST WITH NEGATIVE RESULT OR VIRUS NOT DETECTED BY COVID-19, CARRIED OUT BY A LABORATORY AND WITH A MAXIMUM 72 HOURS BEFORE ENTERING THE COUNTRY”, THEY POINTED.
In addition, people over 12 years of age must have the document that allows verification of the complete vaccination schedule against this disease. In addition, these requirements apply to people who enter the national territory, coming from those countries, by land or international flights.
It is also necessary that the document with the result is in English or Spanish without exception.
- Costa Rican sources for useful COVID-19 related information:
- The Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) has an English-language website detailing entry requirements: https://www.visitcostarica.com/en/costa-rica/planning-your-trip/entry-requirements
- The link for the Ministry of Health’s Spanish social media website is: https://www.facebook.com/msaludcr/
- The link for the Ministry of Health’s webpage is: https://www.ministeriodesalud.go.cr/
- The link for the Directorate General of Immigration and Nationality is: migracion.go.cr