Arrival to Liberia & Transfer to Arenal volcano / La Fortuna
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and exited the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel and give you your welcome kit.
The Northern Plains of Costa Rica showcases some very scenic countryside towns. Small agriculture communities and cattle ranches cover rolling hills and deep valleys. The plains, rainforests and rivers make the north central a must-see in any Costa Rica program. The main attraction is the iconic Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Volcano area is Costa Rica’s premier region of exploration and excitement: Arenal is synonymous to adventure and Eco-discovery, where you can embark in a wide variety of activities. Enjoy the thrill of whitewater rafting or canyoning, or combine adventure with ecological discovery in a canopy tour. Hike the volcano or explore the rainforest strolling through hanging bridges.
Private Transfer from Liberia Airport to Arenal volcano
Arenal Volcano Inn (2 Nights)
Room Type: Deluxe Room
Meals Plan: Buffet Breakfast
Hiking excursion + Tabacon Hot Springs
Hike Private Trail Colada & Tabacon + Dinner
The tour starts at 2:30pm. Your guide will pick you up at your hotel, and you will arrive at about 3:00pm to the Private Reservation El Silencio. The vehicle will get as close as possible to the base of the volcano. Once on site, you will embark upon a walk of approximately 1 kilometer following a path of volcanic stone which has a moderate degree of difficulty, until arriving at the viewpoint, the point closest to the volcano allowed. At the vantage point, the guide will provide you with relevant information about the Arenal Volcano formation, its activity periods, as well as unpublished details of its first eruption in 1968, and you will enjoy the excellent views of the Green Lagoon and Arenal Lake. As soon as the guide indicates, you will begin the descent along the same path of 1km until you reach the starting point again.In the next stage of the expedition, you will change scenery and enter the forest of regeneration and little by little the primary forest in the foothills of the Arenal Volcano.
After your hike you will go to the Tabacón Hot Springs and enjoy a delicious dinner. The purity of the water will make you feel like you are floating in an oasis of healing, with birds singing all around and the sound of falling water that invites you to relax and recover your wellness and quality of life.
Included: Transportation, bilingual naturalist guide, park entrance fee, water and dinner.
Transfer to Monteverde
A startling haven for all that is living and natural, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve promises a journey that will make you one with nature–at a whole new level. Located in the Cordillera de Tilarán, Monteverde is one of the top ecotourism destinations the world over, being one of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuary and nature reserve in the world. It is actually home to some of the most endangered species in the planet. Its elevation is from 600 meters to 1800 meters above sea level in some isolated areas. It currently houses about 2,000 plant & tree species, 400 bird species, 100 species of mammals and around 1,200 amphibians and reptiles as well as hundreds of unique fern and orchid species.
Shuttle Transfer from Arenal to Monteverde AM
Poco a Poco Hotel & Spa (2 Nights)
Room Type: Standard Bromelias Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Hanging Bridges Excursion
Selvatura’s Tree Top Walkways consist of a 1.9 mile (approximately 3 kilometer) trail that leads you through the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Here visitors will walk on eight different bridges with various lengths ranging between 150 feet (50 meters) and 510 feet (170 meters) and altitudes ranging between 36 feet (12 meters) and 180 feet (60 meters). Each bridge has a capacity of up to 80 people which makes them both the longest and strongest bridges in the Monteverde. Cloud Forest.
Included: Transportation and bilingual guide.
Transfer to Tamarindo
Tamarindo has a status as Costa Rica’s top surf and party destination. The main attraction in town is a nice long, white, sandy beach that stretches for 3.5 km along the main road. Here the beach is great for swimming, especially at high tide, relaxing, sunbathing, and offers plenty of good waves for beginners looking to give surfing a try. Wide and flat, the sand here is packed hard enough for easy walking and jogging. Foodies will find some very nice restaurants. Sport fishing tours are a great way to get out into the blue waters for the chance to catch Sailfish, Yellow Fin Tuna and Dorado. Enjoy a horseback ride along beautiful beaches, or zip through the canopy of the tropical dry forest. Diving is also very popular, which can be arranged from Tamarindo. Snorkelling tours are often combined with sailing tours, while scuba diving trips take you out to the Catalinas Islands.
The bedrooms at the Wyndham Tamarindo come equipped with balconies, which provide stunning views of the oceanfront grounds. There is also a wellness center in the hotel where you can make appointments for a massage or beauty treatment. Wyndham Tamarindo has an outdoor swimming pool, surrounded by comfortable lounge chairs. The pool is located near the bar, and shares the incredible view of the beach from the dining area. At the hotel restaurant, enjoy fresh seafood while looking out over the ocean. In addition, there will also be a patio where you can enjoy a drink while watching the sunset.
Shuttle Transfer from Monteverde to Tamarindo AM
Wyndham Tamarindo (3 Nights)
Room Type: Concept Ocean View Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Costa Rica Sailing Catamaran Sunset Snorkel Cruise
Your tour will start aboard a Catamaran at the Flamingo Marina giving you access to some of the most beautiful isolated beaches and snorkel locations in Costa Rica. There you will have the opportunity to experience marine wildlife such as: dolphins, whales, sea turtles, tropical fish, and manta rays. Sailing along the coastline will give you a completely different view of Costa Rica and the professional and friendly crew will make your experience on board a memorable one, serving you refreshments throughout the cruise.
Included: Boat and crew, Snorkeling or Kayak, equipment, lunch and transportation.
Free Day at Tamarindo
Tamarindo is famous for its landscapes, particularly its coasts and protected mangrove forests. This landscape forms a dreamy backdrop for a horseback ride, which is one of the most popular ways to tour Tamarindo. In addition, a canoe tour is also recommended, so that you can get closer to the saltwater roots of the mangrove forests. Order a boat to go out to sea on a deep sea fishing expedition; Or, continue your exploration of the Costa Rican coasts with some surf lessons. Tamarindo has an abundance of qualified instructors, and the Wyndham Tamarindo is just a short walk from an immaculate beach.
Departure from Tamarindo to Liberia International Airport
After an amazing time of absolute highlights in our beautiful Costa Rica, it is time to return home.
Please be advised that it takes approx 1.5 hrs to get from Tamarindo to Liberia Airport by land. Once at the International Airport you must check in at least 3 hours prior to your departure time. We recommend you stay the night in Liberia prior to your departure date if you have an early departure time.
Private Transfer from Tamarindo to Liberia Airport
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- 7 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- Private Transfers between destinations included:
- Private Transfer from Liberia Airport to Arenal
- Private Transfer from Tamarindo to Liberia Airport
- Shuttle Shared Transfers between destinations included:
- Shuttle Transfer from Arenal to Monteverde AM
- Shuttle Transfer from Monteverde to Tamarindo AM
- Excursions Included: (Shared tours)
- Hike Private Trail Colada& Tabacon + Dinner: Included: Transportation, bilingual naturalist guide, park entrance fee, water and dinner.
- Hanging Bridges: Included: Transportation, equipment, bilingual guide.
- Costa Rica Sailing Catamaran Sunset Snorkel Cruise: Included: Snorkeling or Kayak, equipment, lunch and transport from Conchal, Brasilito, Flamingo, La Marina, Tamarindo, Langosta.
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
From US$ 1,165.00 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.