Arrival to San José.
Welcome to Costa Rica! For your added comfort, once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will have one of our representatives waiting for you outside with a sign with your name on it. He will drive you to your hotel in San José.
Art and architecture are highlights of the Xandari experience in Costa Rica. 24 spacious villas nestled on a 40-acre plantation are surrounded by lush gardens, with terraces facing spectacular views of Costa Rica’s majestic Central Valley day and night. Each is a unique design, with tropical colors and contemporary design. A private forest reserve with rivers, five natural waterfalls, and 2.5 miles of trails offers excellent hiking, birding, and communion with nature. Three pools, each with a unique view of coffee plantations, provide added incentive for a morning swim.
At Xandari, sustainability underlines our every effort. Guests are invited to plant native trees during their stay at Xandari!
Private Transfer from International Airport to San José
Xandari resort & Spa (1 Night)
Room Type: Prima Room
Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast
Rental car reception and self-drive (or transfer) to Arenal volcano / La Fortuna
Your breath-taking adventure begins with a pickup from your hotel ( or you receive your rental car ) and a relaxing drive through the wonderful Costa Rican countryside. You will be heading Fortuna Town, about 2 hours’ drive from San Jose. Once in Fortuna you will check in at Los Lagos Hotel & resort.
Located in the northern lowlands of Costa Rica, the impressive Arenal Volcano is a National Park that attracts many tourists due to its beauty and recent past volcanic activity.
The La Fortuna Waterfall is one of the best things to see when you come to the Arenal Area! You will love the hike down to this waterfall near the town of La Fortuna because you can see all the natural beauty of the rainforest as well as the birds and wildlife that live there. You will also be able to swim and take amazing photos! This is a great activity for the whole family.
At night, why not relax in one of great hot water springs in the area: At Baldi or Tabacon colorful natural gardens, therapeutic waters and pure fun combine, adults and children love it! You will enjoy multiple thermal pools, luxury pool bars, Giant waterslides, relaxing areas and much more.
Los Lagos Hotel & Resort (2 Nights)
Room Type: Superior Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Organic Farm Tour Vida Campesina
Experience the ‘pura vida’ of Costa Rica’s traditional farming lifestyle today on this half-day nature and agriculture tour. Learn about sustainable farming practices used on the farm; try your hand at milking a cow; extract cane juice to make refreshing drinks; and create artisanal cocoa using indigenous tools. Now you eat real chocolate! At the end of your tour, taste the bounty of the land with a farm-fresh lunch of local, organic products.
Half-day farm tour with lunch from La Fortuna
Learn about traditional production methods on a tour of a family-run farm
Sample freshly extracted cane juice and make artisanal cocoa
Includes a fresh Costa Rican lunch
Read more about Costa Rica Campesino Farm
Included: Transfer, bottle of water, snack, lunch & local guide.
Self-drive (or transfer) to Monteverde
A startling haven for all that is living and natural, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve promises a journey that will make you one with nature–at a whole new level. Located in the Cordillera de Tilarán, Monteverde is one of the top ecotourism destinations the world over, being one of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuary and nature reserve in the world. It is actually home to some of the most endangered species in the planet. Its elevation is from 600 meters to 1800 meters above sea level in some isolated areas.
Poco a Poco Hotel & Spa (2 Nights)
Room Type: Garden Family
Meals Plan: Breakfast
In the afternoon: Night Walk to Observe Wildlife
This is one of the best tours in Monteverde to see wildlife! It starts when the sun sets when all the diurnal animals look for a place to sleep and all the nocturnal animals awaken. This is a great experience because you will have the opportunity to hear and see animals that differ from the animals you can watch during the day. Who knows what we will stumble into?
Included: Entrance fee, transportation and bilingual guide.
The tour begins at our reception where a bilingual guide will welcome you. He will also accompany you during the whole tour helping you to discover the interesting animals and plants that inhabit our exuberant rain forest. This three kilometer tour consists of a combination of trails and seven bridges where you will have the opportunity to explore all levels of the cloud forest as well as its inhabitants. Before finishing the tour we offer you the opportunity to climb a Ficus tree from the inside.
Included: Transportation, equipment, bilingual guide. ( Tour in international company )
Self-drive (or transfer) to Quepos/Manuel Antonio National Park
A place of swaying palms and playful monkeys, sparkling blue water and a riot of tropical birds, Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio is the country’s smallest and most popular national park. It’s a truly lovely place; the clearly marked trail system winds through rainforest-backed white-sand beaches and rocky headlands, the wildlife (iguanas, sloths, monkeys) is plentiful, and the views across the bay to the pristine outer islands are gorgeous. Manuel Antonio National Park combines the rainforest with breathtaking white-sand beaches, among the most beautiful in Costa Rica. The Manuel Antonio Region has received plenty of coverage in travel magazines, earning it the distinction of one of the 10 most beautiful places in the world! Manuel Antonio’s humid tropical forest remains green year-round. The town itself is spread out across a hilly and curving road. Along this main road, near the top of the hill, are the area’s most luxurious hotels and fine-dining restaurants, surrounded by rain forest with amazing views of the beaches and offshore islands. From Manuel Antonio you can experience whitewater rafting, guided rainforest waterfall walks, horseback riding, snorkeling and sports fishing.
***Note that Manuel Antonio National Park is closed on Tuesdays.
The charming Si Como No hotel is set in the jungle above Costa Rica’s Manuel Antonio National Park and is a 5 minute car ride to the beach. It offers a cinema, spa, hot tub and 2 outdoor pools with a waterslides and a swim-up bar and a butterfly garden.
The air-conditioned rooms at the Sí Como No Resort, Spa & Wildlife Refuge feature tiled floors and modern décor. Each one offers jungle views, a sofa and a coffee-maker. The Sí Como No has a contemporary typical restaurant , as well as a snack bar with live music. The Boca Bar Mogotes is a swim-up bar where you can enjoy a cocktail in the pool!
Hotel: Si Como No Resort & Wildlife Refuge (2 Nights)
Room Type: Superior Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Guided Hike to Manuel Antonio National Park
Transportation is provided and you will be picked up at your hotel to start your ride to the Manuel Antonio National Park. On this tour a very knowledgeable nature guide will walk you through the Manuel Antonio National Park explaining the mysteries of the rainforest. The trail you will take is flat and picturesque and loops through the park making your course about 2 miles long with moderate difficulty. There’s a great chance you will meet monkeys, maybe a sloth, what about iguanas or even a Tucan? Your guide is well trained to spot the best hidden animals. See how lucky we are today? Don’t leave your backpack out of sight…curious monkeys might grab a thing or two!
Included: Transportation, bilingual guides, park entrance fee and snacks.
For those interested in wildlife, but less so in the idea of wandering blindly down a park trail, Kids Saving the Rainforest offers you the chance to get up close and personal with rescued animals. Over 130 animals are treated at this facility per year, all of the injured or orphaned in the jungle. In fact, they’ve made national news recently for performing the first ever C-section on a sloth to save both the mother and the baby! Kids Saving the Rainforest is a great educational tour, and it gives you the chance to see animals such as spider monkeys, tamarins, sloths, and parrots.
Self-drive (or transfer) to Alajuela. Drop off car rental at Xandari Spa & Resort.
After a long week full of adventures enjoy the Sunset Pool overlooking the Central Valley, or two other heated lap swimming pools. About three miles of wooded trails wind through the 12-acre forest reserve, which includes a small river with several waterfalls.
Xandari Spa & resort (1 Night)
Room Type: Prima Room
Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast
Departure from San Jose to the International Airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to San José Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of your Costa Rica adventure. Or come back soon!
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 8 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- 7 days Car Rental Suzuki Grand Vitara. Free mileage 1st additional driver free of charges.
- CDW-TP-TPL: collision damage waiver-theft protection-third party liability
- A rechargeable SIM card, to use on your own mobile phone, for local calls
- 4 Excursions Incuded: (Shared tours)
- Organic Farm Tour – Included: Transportation, guide, entrance fee, equipment, snacks, drinks and lunch.
- Night Walk to Observe Wildlife – Included: Entrance fee, transportation and bilingual guide.
- Hanging Bridges – Included: Transportation, equipment, bilingual guide.
- Manuel Antonio National Park – Included: Transportation, soft drinks, bilingual guide, national park entrance fee and lunch.
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees not mentioned above.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period. A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
From US $1615.00 per adult, Price per child younger than 10 years old sharing with two adults: US$ 255.00
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.