Arrival to Costa Rica, Transfer to you hotel in Alajuela
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel in Alajuela and give you your welcome kit.
Art and architecture are highlights of the Xandari experience in Costa Rica. 24 spacious villas nestled on a 40-acre plantation are surrounded by lush gardens, with terraces facing spectacular views of Costa Rica’s majestic Central Valley day and night. Each is a unique design, with tropical colors and contemporary design. A private forest reserve with rivers, five natural waterfalls, and 2.5 miles of trails offers excellent hiking, birding, and communion with nature. Three pools, each with a unique view of coffee plantations, provide added incentive for a morning swim. Or, start your day in our Yoga studio and save your swim for later at our sunset pool. Wide range of natural treatments are offered in private jalapas at the Spa Village, each featuring a hot-tub overlooking forest and valley at 3,900 ft. Xandari’s terrace restaurant features a variety of healthy choices, from Costa Rican specialties to Mediterranean and Californinan cuisines. Our farm-to-table menu begins at breakfast and continues through lunch and dinner, featuring produce sourced from our own plantations using all-natural methods.
Private Transfer from to International Airport to Xandari
Xandari Resort & Spa (1 Night)
- Room Type: Prima Room
- Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast and Taxes Included.
Private transfer to Monteverde
A startling haven for all that is living and natural, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve promises a journey that will make you one with nature–at a whole new level. Located in the Cordillera de Tilarán, Monteverde is one of the top ecotourism destinations the world over, being one of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuary and nature reserve in the world. It is actually home to some of the most endangered species in the planet. Its elevation is from 600 meters to 1800 meters above sea level in some isolated areas. It currently houses about 2,000 plant & tree species, 400 bird species, 100 species of mammals and around 1,200 amphibians and reptiles as well as hundreds of unique fern and orchid species. Birds are one of the main attractions in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve as a lot of them would migrate there and a variety of species are for everyone to see alive and freely hovering. Some of the famed birds found in the cloud forest are the bare-necked umbrella birds, the endangered Bellbird, quetzals and over 30 species of hummingbirds.
WHAT IS GLAMPING?
Recently, a global trend has caught fire that offers outdoor enthusiasts an upgrade on rest and recreation. It’s called glamping, a new word for a new kind of travel, defined as glamorous camping. When you’re glamping, there’s no tent to pitch, no sleeping bag to unroll. Glamping is a way to experience the great outdoors without sacrificing luxury. Chira Glamping Monteverde offers Free WiFi throughout the property. Offering a garden, Some units have a dining area and/or balcony. There is also an outdoor kitchen, equipped with a microwave, toaster and fridge. A stovetop and coffee machine are also provided. Every unit is equipped with a private bathroom with a shower. Towels are available. A free minibar equipped with all the necessary for preparing your own breakfast, free of charge, they include fruits, croissants, coffee, beer, juice and eggs.
Private Transfer from Xandari to Monteverde
Chira Glamping (2 Nights)
- Room Type: Adventure Tent
- Meals Plan: Breakfast Not Included. Taxes Included
In the morning
Private Guided Tour to Monteverde Reserve
Your guided hike through the cloud forest will be a memorable experience. You will be able to see over 2.500 plants including 300 orchids and 200 ferns. The trees are inhabited by 400 species of birds including the quetzal. In all places life is rich and diverse. Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve undoubtedly constitutes one of the natural sanctuaries with the most diversity in Costa Rica. Your guide will help you to spot endemic species in this magical environment.
Included: Entrance Fee, Transportation & Bilingual Guide.
Same day in the afternoon
Don Juan CoffeeTour -Private Excursion
The tour begins with a brief insight into the wonderful world of coffee followed by the history of Costa Rican coffee and its importance in the socio-economic development. Later on we will cover other aspects of Costa Rican culture and traditions. The tour starts with an explanation about the life cycle of a coffee plant starting with the coffee seed itself. When we get back to the main building you will get the opportunity to enjoy a delicious cup of Don Juan coffee accompanied by a typical Costa Rican snack.
Included: Transportation and snacks.
Private transfer to Bagaces – Río Perdido Hotel & Thermal River
Cooled by an ever present breeze and framed by a unique dwarf forest, Rio Perdido Hotel & Thermal River is a sanctuary of well-being, and the true embodiment of Costa Rica’s legendary PURA VIDA. You’ll find Rio Perdido in the Guanacaste province, on the western side of the country. Spend your days swimming in the abundant, completely natural hot springs, along a mile of thermal gorge that cuts right through the spectacular, 600-acre reserve with 30 bungalows. Witness a seemingly endless variety of exotic flora and fauna throughout 20 plus miles of hiking trails. Enjoy zip-lining, mountain biking and white water tubing, or if you prefer to relax, lounge by the pool, savour true costarrican cuisine prepared by local culinary artists, do some yoga on our cliff-side pods or visit the spa, for the region’s best treatments.
Private Transfer from Monteverde to Rio Perdido
Rio Perdido Hotel & Thermal River (2 Nights)
- Room Type: East Bungalow
- Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included
Private Guided Hikes Mesa Norte – Panoramic Lookout
The total distance is 3.5km, out and back. The walk begins with a soft ascent through the woods, takes you to an uncovered trail and then to a steeper climb for the last 250m (800 feet), before you get to the small, flat mesa. From the top, (coma) you can see all of the Guanacaste volcanoes, including the Miravalles, the Rincon de la Vieja, and the Tenorio. Because of the complete absence of artificial illumination, this is an amazing place to stargaze, to see the lit domes that mark the distant urban centers, and to appreciate 360 degrees of undisturbed nature under the moonlight.
Included: Bilingual Guide.
Private transfer to Nosara
Nosara is a cocktail of international surf culture and stunning back-road topography and yoga bliss.
Here, three stunning beaches are stitched together by a network of swerving, rutted earth roads that meander over coastal hills and kiss the coast just west of the small village of Nosara. Inland are remnant pockets of luxuriant vegetation that attract birds and other wildlife. The area has seen little logging, partly because of the nearby wildlife refuge. The area is spread out, so your own wheels are a plus. Best known for great surfing and yoga retreats this is ultimately a calm, relaxed town with dark sands, dusty roads and down to earth beach bars. If you are interested in upscale yoga retreats that offer daily sessions of yoga, healthy eating and spa treatments, come to Nosara. You may even want to take a month-long teacher training course as well!
Set back from the coastline and bordered by the Ostional-Nosara Wildlife Refuge, Olas Verdes is a small Costa Rican boutique beach hotel that provides the serenity you crave with easy access to the sand and surf. Stay in comfort surrounded by the calming sounds of waves and wildlife; Olas Verdes is an all-suite hotel with a prime location in Playa Guiones, Nosara, Costa Rica.
Free Day at Nosara
Enjoy your day relaxing at your hotel and surroundings or ask your travel consultant about the many optional activities that are offered in the area.
Private Transfer to Xandari Resort & Spa
May we suggest to spoil yourselves at The Spa Village at Xandari, which is set in a tropical garden at 3900 ft. (1200 meters) elevation, with a breathtaking view of the Central Valley? The treatments are being known to be some of the best in Costa Rica with all Natural Ingredients. Each of the private, palm-roofed jalapas has its own hot tub and massage table, where you can enjoy one of the many treatment options, from scrubs to massages, with a full view of the Central Valley. The special feature is your own palm-roofed jalapa with an open-air jacuzzi, perched on a hill overlooking the Central Valley.
Private Transfer from Nosara to Xandari
Xandari Resort & Spa (1 Night)
- Room Type: Prima Room
- Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast and Taxes Included
Departure from Alajuela to the International Airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to San José Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of itinerary.
Private Transfer from Xandari to International Airport
· All services indicated in the above itinerary.
· Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
· Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
· Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
· 08 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
· Private transfers between destinations included:
· Private Transfer from Xandari to Monteverde
· Private Transfer from Monteverde to Rio Perdido
· Private Transfer Rio Perdido – Nosara
· Private Transfer from Nosara to Xandari
· Excursions Included: (Private tours)
· Guided Tour to Monteverde Reserve. Included: Entrance Fee, Transportation & Bilingual Guide.
· Don Juan CoffeeTour. Included: Transportation and snacks.
· Guided Hikes Mesa Norte – Panoramic Lookout. Included: Bilingual Guide.
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
From US $2,165.00 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period. A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.