Arrive to San José & Transfer to Bajos del Toro
Welcome to Costa Rica! Road Less Travelled. Once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you directly to your first destination Bajos del Toro and give you your welcome kit.
Bajos del Toro
Bajos del Toro is still very much an undiscovered area among rainforests and dairy farms. Bajos del Toro has amazing waterfalls with chilly swimming holes and great for trout fishing. Hikes, horseback riding, mountain biking and canopy tours are popular activities to enjoy here!
El Silencio Lodge (2 Nights)
Room Type: Suite Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Bajos del Toro Cultural Experience
Los Bajos del Toro Amarillo is a thriving rural community with rich traditions, unsurpassed landscapes, and intriguing flora. This guided tour pays a visit to local orchid enthusiast, Don Martin Porras and his private garden. His collection features more than 400 orchid species, from fun shoe-shaped specimens to tiny varieties of Lilliputian beauty. A magnifying glass is provided for a unique micro-safari. Followed by a vi-sit to the local school, church, soccer field, and a fun stop at Doña Olga’s Pulpería where you can palm fresh tortillas and buy local pastries!
Included: Bilingual guide.
Private transfer to Nicoya peninsula: Punta Islita
Hotel Punta Islita is located along the sunny Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica’s Guanacaste Province. The tiered layout capitalizes on the property’s hilltop setting, gazing upon Islita Beach and the namesake islet that separates from the mainland during high tide. Hotel Punta Islita’s facilities are interspersed in a 300 acre property and include an infinity-edge freshwater pool for adults, two restaurants, a unique Spa, an executive golf course, tennis courts, and an ocean-side family beach club with a freshwater pool and lounging gardens.
Punta Islita Hotel (3 Nights)
Room Type: Standard Mountain View
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Included: Complimentary eco-adventures, cultural activities, and learning sessions in your stay. You may book up to four activities per person, per day. Please book at the hotel with the Activities Coordinator.
Days 04 & 05
Free Days at Punta Islita
Enjoy your day relaxing at your hotel and surroundings or ask your travel consultant about the many optional activities that are offered in the area.
Flight to Alajuela
As capital of Alajuela province, this city lies just a few minutes away from the Juan Santamaria International Airport. With easy access and plenty of bus routes, getting in and out of Alajuela is not a problem. A leading trade center for cattle and the sugar industries of the neighboring areas, Alajuela is also a fantastic summer getaway.
Private Transfer from Punta Islita to Alajuela
Xandari Resort & Spa (1 Night)
Room Type: Prima Room
Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast
Departure from San Jose to the International Airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to San José Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of itinerary.
Private Transfer from San José to International Airport
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 6 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- 3 PrivateTransfers between destinations included:
- Private Transfer from El Silencio Lodge to Punta Islita Hotel
- Flight ticket from Punta Islita to San José
- Private Transfer from International Airport to San José
- 2 Excursions Incuded: (Shared tours)
- Bajos del Toro Cultural Experience – Included: Bilingual guide.
- Canopy Zip – Lining – Included: Bilingual guide and equipment.
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
What makes us different? You can customize your Costa Rica trip to fit your exact needs. Maximize fun time and minimize hassles, mistakes and travel time. Every detail from airport pick-up to adventure tours and activities are arranged by us to make sure the only thing you have to worry about is having fun. Use our quick and easy trip customization form and find out how affordable your dream Costa Rica vacation can be! With CRS you don´t just vacation in Costa Rica, you experience it. Why settle for less? Contact us today.
From US $1,750.00 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.