Updated Requirements to enter Costa Rica:
As of November 1, 2020: Costa Rica re-enables it’s air border to all countries in the world as long as they meet the visa requirements when required, as well as the requirements established in the framework of the pandemic.
Requirements to enter Costa Rica:
- Fill out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS form, available at https://salud.go.cr.
- Traveler’s Medical Insurance – international or purchased in Costa Rica through the National Insurance Institute (INS – Instituto Nacional de Seguros) https://www.grupoins.com/seguroparaviajeros, or Sagicor https://tiendasagicor.com/en.
For international insurance policies, tourists must request a certificate from their insurance company, issued in English or Spanish, verifying at least the following three conditions. (This certificate must be uploaded when filling out the electronic epidemiological HEALTH PASS):
- Effectiveness of the policy during the visit to Costa Rica.
- Guaranteed coverage of medical expenses in the event of becoming ill with the pandemic COVID-19 virus while in Costa Rica, for at least USD $50,000 (fifty thousand United States Dollars).
- Includes minimum coverage of USD $2,000 for lodging expenses issued as a result of the pandemic.
Passengers who fail to comply with these requirements may not enter the country.
Upon landing in Costa Rican territory, travelers must wear face protection and comply with the protocols of the air terminal with regard to physical distancing, disinfection of carpets, and taking temperature readings, and must follow any other sanitary instructions.
To view a video with important U.S. entry information, click here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MAc-cbzOhxM.
At CRS Tours we offer you an International travel insurance that meets the requirements requested by the ICT, through Assist Card, an international company with more than 50 years of experience in the area of travel assistance.
For the latest information on Covid 19 in Costa rica click here.
You may also find more information here.