Day 1 Arrival at International Aiport in Liberia – Transfer to El Mangroove Hotel
Located in the northern Pacific Coast, the Papagayo Gulf is untamed and very beautiful. Rest and relaxation always go hand in hand in the Gulf of Papagayo, with mesmerizing ocean views and intimate settings and activities, as well as lush tropical greenery at every turn. If you enjoy sunny days, this is your spot. Traditionally known as a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers, Papagayo is also a charming experience for those interested in relaxation and fun. Papagayo’s beaches comply with most of the requirements upon which a good beach is usually judged. Water quality, views, texture of sand are probably the most specified criteria! Generous palm trees rise up from the beaches giving shade to sunbathers. Spectacular sunsets are a regular component in the scenery along the Pacific Area. From calm waters with great swimming, to the finest sand beaches with magnificent panoramas, Papagayo is a perfect destination to enjoy nature and relax
El Mangroove is a hotel inspired on barefoot luxury, its straight up laid-back and down-right cool. Perfect mixes of wood and water alongside contemporary linear architecture, natural furnishings and subtle splashes of color make it evident that true indulgence is actually found in simplicity. Indulge in an afternoon of pampering and massage at Bearth Spa. Keep up with your fitness routine in the fully equipped gym, and bask in the sunshine while in the outdoor pool. As the only resort in the area with two private tour boats, adventure awaits. After a day of exploration, dine at one of the two beautiful restaurants, both with views of the Gulf of Papagayo, and ease into the comfort of the spacious suites with plush beds and spa-like bathrooms.
Private Transfer from Liberia Airport to the Gulf of Papagayo
El Mangroove (6 Nights)
Room Type: Bark Suite Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Day 02 Free day for relaxing at the hotel or to explore the surroundings
Take your pick, land or water… For sweat lovers keep up your own routine at an exotic location. El Mangroove offers private and group yoga classes upon request and a multifunctional gym that is open 24 hours. If you are inspired by the ocean take a stand up paddle session, go kayaking, go fishing, go surfing or simply go beach hopping with our on site boats. Feel like getting to know the area? Bicycles are available for guest use.
Day 03 Rincón de la Vieja National Park Guided Hike & Liberia City Tour
The Rincón de la Vieja National Park is one of the most diverse ecological areas in the country. Surrounding two volcanoes, Rincón (active) and Santa María (latent), the park is also home to an extraordinary display of local flora and fauna. While the plant life is impressive on its own, it is the concentration of volcanoes that truly captivates visitors. The Rincón de la Vieja volcano gave rise to the park’s name and contains nine separate but contiguous craters. The park does see a great deal of volcanic activity, including vents, fumaroles, and boiling mud pans. Combined with a stop in Liberia City for lunch time and shopping.
Included: Entrance, Lunch, Drinks, Transportation, Bilingual guide, Equipment and Insurance
Day 04 Forest & Beach Horseback Riding at Panama Beach
For a unique experience in the typical forest of Guanacaste, horseback riding is one of the best options. Riding through a variety of forests and mountains trails, beaches, and mountain hills, will ensure that you experience a real natural adventure. The horseback riding takes approximately 2 hours, and, of course, you will be given an extensive safety briefing to teach you how to ride the horses. These horses are gentle and the horseback riding is very safe, you can go at your own speed and you will work with the best equipment available.
Included: Transportation, Horses, equipment, guide, beverages, entrance fee.
Day 05 Beach Tour & Snorkeling
Guanacaste province offers you a great variety of beaches and hot spots. A good way to explore some of the best of them in one day is taking the beach tour. This tour takes us to Flamingo beach, a beautiful beach with white sand. We also can visit Playa Grande, a huge palm fringed beach where each year leatherback turtles come ashore to lay their eggs. We pass around Tamarindo Beach, the perfect spot for those who would like to learn how to surf. One of the most beautiful places we go is Conchal beach, this white sand beach is the best option for snorkeling.
Included: Lunch, Drinks, Transportation, Bilingual guide, Equipment and Insurance.
Day 06 Free day to enjoy your hotel or for other optional activities
Departure to San Jose Airport
Private Transfer El Mangroove – Liberia airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to Liberia Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of itinerary.
- All services indicated in the itinerary above.
- Personalized information, complete voucher list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24-hour emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure (Daniel Oduber Airport – El Mangroove – Daniel Oduber Airport).
- 06 nights of accommodation in hotels specified in the proposal.
- Breakfast at all hotels and taxes included.
- Excursions included (shared)
- Rincón de la Vieja National Park Guided Hike & Liberia City Tour
- Forest & Beach Horseback Riding at Panama Beach
- Beach Tour & Snorkeling
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
PCR Test Terms and conditions:
An appointment is required at least 24 hours in advance, subject to availability.
To request the test the hotel must have the full name of the passengers, departure flight time/date, and a copy of the passports
The results will be emailed within 24 to 36 hours, this may vary
The cost is not included in the price.
Some additional information for your reference:
Test Type: Both PCR and antigen tests will be acceptable.
Kids under 2 years do not need proof of a test
Documentation of Recovery within 3 months – if you have recovered from Covid, you do not have to test if you present BOTH proofs that you tested positive in the past 3 months before your flight and have finished required isolation Along With a letter from your doctor stating that you are cleared for travel
Enforcement: Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers before boarding.
Airlines will deny boarding of passengers if they do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
This applies to both commercial and private flights
Test Time Frame:
If you are flying on a connecting flight into the U.S., the three-day test period begins from the minute your first flight departs to the U.S. – but only if all connecting flights are in the same reservation. If they are not, you need your test to be valid within three days of each flight segment.
If you are flying out of the country for fewer than three days, you can take a test in the U.S. before you depart and use it for your return, or take a rapid test before your return flight
If your flight is delayed past the three-day window, you must take another test to board your flight.
If you need additional information, please let us know. Our reservations team is ready to assist you!
- The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
- Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
Rate per person: US$ 1,515.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 3,030.00
Valid from January 25, 2021 to April 30, 2021
Rate per person: US$ 1,285.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 2,570.00
Valid from May 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021
Rate per person: US$ 1,435.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 2,870.00
Valid from July 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021
Rate per person: US$ 1,335.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 2,670.00
Valid from September 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Prices in US dollars, based on double occupancy, local taxes included.
Accommodations are subject to availability
Additional fee applies for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (December 21 and 05 January) and Easter
Interested in this package? The rate listed here is per person, based on double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.