Arrival at International Aiport in San Jose – Transfer to El Parador Resort & Spa
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and exited the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel and give you your welcome kit.
A place of swaying palms and playful monkeys, sparkling blue water and a riot of tropical birds, Parque Nacional Manuel Antonio is the country’s smallest and most popular national park. It’s a truly lovely place; the clearly marked trail system winds through rainforest-backed white-sand beaches and rocky headlands, the wildlife (iguanas, sloths, monkeys) is plentiful, and the views across the bay to the pristine outer islands are gorgeous. Manuel Antonio National Park combines the rainforest with breathtaking white-sand beaches, among the most beautiful in Costa Rica. The Manuel Antonio Region has received plenty of coverage in travel magazines, earning it the distinction of one of the 10 most beautiful places in the world! Manuel Antonio’s humid tropical forest remains green year-round. The town itself is spread out across a hilly and curving road. Along this main road, near the top of the hill, are the area’s most luxurious hotels and fine-dining restaurants, surrounded by rain forest with amazing views of the beaches and offshore islands. From Manuel Antonio you can experience whitewater rafting, guided rainforest waterfall walks, horseback riding, snorkeling and sports fishing.
Internationally recognized as one of Costa Rica’s most prestigious resorts, Parador Resort & Spa is the epitome of “responsible luxury.” It sits atop Punta Quepos promontory, overlooking the Pacific Ocean and surrounded by 12 acres of wildlife-rich tropical rainforest, and world famous Manuel Antonio National Park. The property´s grounds are home to many species of monkeys, sloths and a variety of birds, such as macaws, falcons, toucans and more. The Hotel Parador is within minutes from the world-famous Manuel Antonio National Park and adjacent to stunning Playa Biesanz. The resort is isolated from the main drag yet just minutes from miles of white sand beaches, great restaurants, the village of Quepos, and the local airport. Parador is the only full-service resort in Manuel Antonio that features 130 rooms and suites, affording a range of accommodation options that best suit your needs. A sumptuous daily breakfast buffet, superb restaurants and bars, spectacular ocean-view swimming pools, world-class spa and private dining rooms.
Private transfer from San Jose International Airport to El Parador Spa resort
Arenal Spa & Resort (6 Nights)
Room Type: Premium Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Day 02 Guided Hike to Manuel Antonio National Park
Today a very knowledgeable bilingual nature guide will walk you through the Manuel Antonio National Park explaining the mysteries of the rainforest. The trail you will take is flat and picturesque and loops through the park making your course about 2 miles long with moderate difficulty. One of the highlights of this tour is that Manuel Antonio hosts 3 of the 4 existing tropical primates living in Costa Rica. Throughout the hike you are likely to see sloths, birds and reptiles as well as orchids, butterflies and tropical trees. Once the tour is over transportation will be provided and you will be taken back to your hotel. The Manuel Antonio National Park is closed on Mondays.
Included: Transportation, bilingual guides, park entrance fee, water and fruits.
Day 03 Costa Rican Flavors tour
Experience a fun and informative tour of local cuisine: where the organic ingredients come from, how dishes are prepared, and how to recreate recipes at home.
First stop at the local farmers’ market in Quepos, where you will have the opportunity to browse the stands and pick out ingredients for your lunch with the guide’s assistance depending on the menu designed for you. Once at our private ranch and dining area, you will be greeted by our team. They will proceed to guide you through our organic garden to pick out some finishing flavors, colors and textures for your meal. Now, to the preparation guided by our expert local cooks. Participate in the kitchen and experience the process of making corn tortillas by hand, exotic “ceviches” with plantain or banana, rice cooked the old-fashioned way, chicken in a hearty tomato sauce, “picadillos” (minced meats and veggies and spices combined), and more. Once you sit down for your meal, not only will your appetite be satiated but also your curiosity for Costa Rican local flavors. There is leisure time available for you to explore the ranch, and walk down to the Naranjo River where, weather permitting, you can have a dip in the refreshing waters
Included: Transportation to and from hotel in Quepos / Manuel Antonio , bilingual guides and lunch or dinner, organic glass of wine from the farm.
Day 04 Isla Damas Boat Tour
Today you will navigate through the wonders of the unique Costa Rican mangrove ecosystem. Make sure you keep your eyes wide open so you can spot the uncountable bird species, reptiles, ant eaters and white faced monkeys. The Damas Island boat trip takes you through the natural canals and provides an ideal opportunity to observe many birds such as herons, kingfishers, ospreys and frigates birds. As you navigate through the brackish waters you can catch glimpses of the island as you pass beneath tunnels made naturally from tree growths and admire this small sanctuary of nature. Lunch is served after the trip. The Damas Island boat trip does not require previous experience.
Included: Transportation, bilingual guides, beverages and breakfast, lunch or dinner according to schedule.
Day 05 Catamaran & Snorkeling Tour
While touring the coastline of Manuel Antonio you will feel the catamaran cutting quietly through the blue waters of the Pacific. After touring the coastline we will anchor in a protected cove within the pristine Biesanz Bay for an unforgettable snorkeling adventure in the warm pacific waters. We provide everything you need to observe the underwater playground and to discover over 50 species of colorful tropical fish. Back on the boat you can enjoy a delicious lunch we will have prepared for you: grilled fresh fish brochettes with onion and green pepper and scrumptious dipping sauces, pasta salad with vegetables, homemade pesto sauce, fresh tropical fruits, homemade flan, the freshest Costa Rican coffee, cocktails and natural fruit drinks.
Included: Transportation, Snorkel equipment, Natural juices, Water, Cocktails, Lunch & Bilingual Guide.
Day 06 Free day to enjoy your hotel or for other optional activities
Departure to San Jose Airport
Private Transfer El Parador Spa and Resort – San Jose airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to San José Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of itinerary.
- All services as indicated.
- Personalized information, complete voucher list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24-hour emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure (San José Airport – Manuel Antonio – San José Airport).
- 06 nights of accommodation in hotel specified in the proposal.
- Daily Breakfast and taxes included.
- Excursions included (shared):
- Guided Hike to Manuel Antonio National Park
- Costa Rican Local Flavor Tour
- Damas Island Boat Tour
- Catamaran & Snorkeling Tour in Manuel Antonio
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
PCR Test Terms and conditions:
An appointment is required at least 24 hours in advance, subject to availability.
To request the test the hotel must have the full name of the passengers, departure flight time/date, and a copy of the passports
The results will be emailed within 24 to 36 hours, this may vary
The cost is not included in the price.
Some additional information for your reference:
Test Type: Both PCR and antigen tests will be acceptable.
Kids under 2 years do not need proof of a test
Documentation of Recovery within 3 months – if you have recovered from Covid, you do not have to test if you present BOTH proofs that you tested positive in the past 3 months before your flight and have finished required isolation Along With a letter from your doctor stating that you are cleared for travel
Enforcement: Airlines must confirm the negative test result for all passengers before boarding.
Airlines will deny boarding of passengers if they do not provide documentation of a negative test or recovery.
This applies to both commercial and private flights
Test Time Frame:
If you are flying on a connecting flight into the U.S., the three-day test period begins from the minute your first flight departs to the U.S. – but only if all connecting flights are in the same reservation. If they are not, you need your test to be valid within three days of each flight segment.
If you are flying out of the country for fewer than three days, you can take a test in the U.S. before you depart and use it for your return, or take a rapid test before your return flight
If your flight is delayed past the three-day window, you must take another test to board your flight.
If you need additional information, please let us know. Our reservations team is ready to assist you!
- The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
- Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
Rate per person: US$ 1,735.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 3,470.00
Valid from January 25, 2021 to April 30, 2021
Rate per person: US$ 1,555.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 3,110.00
Valid from May 1, 2021 to June 30, 2021
Rate per person: US$ 1,805.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 3,610.00
Valid from July 1, 2021 to August 31, 2021
Rate per person: US$ 1,625.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 3,250.00
Valid from September 1, 2021 to October 31, 2021
Prices in US dollars, based on double occupancy, local taxes included.
Accommodations are subject to availability
Additional fee applies for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (December 21 and 05 January) and Easter
Interested in this package? The rate listed here is per person, based on double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.