Arrival at International Aiport in Liberia – Transfer to your first destination
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and exited the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel and give you your welcome kit.
The main attraction in Tamarindo is a nice long, white, sandy beach that stretches for 3.5 km along the main road. Here the beach is great for swimming, especially at high tide, relaxing, sunbathing, and offers plenty of good waves for beginners looking to give surfing a try. Wide and flat, the sand here is packed hard enough for easy walking and jogging. Witch’s Rock Surf Shop has showers, toilets, surfboard rental, a swimming pool, and a restaurant where you can watch the surfers over a cold beer. Foodies will find some very nice restaurants. Its central location makes it a great base for exploring the northern peninsula with your car. Sport fishing tours are a great way to get out into the blue waters for the chance to catch Sailfish, Yellow Fin Tuna and Dorado. Watch the majestic leatherback turtles come upon shore to nest at Playa Grande or enjoy an early bird watching tour. Enjoy a horseback ride along beautiful beaches, or zip through the canopy of the tropical dry forest. Diving is also very popular, which can be arranged from Tamarindo.
Featuring a large outdoor swimming pool overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Resort has a beautiful setting on Tamarindo Beach. This large resort has 5 restaurants, 4 bars, a spa and a casino. The attractive rooms at Tamarindo Diria Beach & Golf Resort offer garden, pool or ocean views. All accommodation has a seating area, a minibar and a flat-screen TV. Set overlooking the ocean, Diriá Restaurant offers a varied buffet for breakfast and dinner, while Matapalo serves Costa Rican dishes, steak and seafood on its terrace. There is also a pizzeria, a beach bar, a cocktail lounge and a café. There are tennis courts nearby, and guests receive discounts at the Tamarindo Diria’s golf course, located 2 km away. Las Baulas National Park is less than 1 km from the resort. Playa Conchal and Playa Flamingo are within 25 minutes’ drive of Tamarindo.
Make yourself at home in one of the 238 air-conditioned rooms featuring refrigerators and flat-screen televisions. Wireless Internet access (surcharge) keeps you connected, while iPod docking stations help you enjoy your music in the comfort of your room. Private bathrooms with showers feature complimentary toiletries and hair dryers. Conveniences include phones, as well as laptop-compatible safes and desks.
Private transfer to Playa Tamarindo
Diria Beach resort Hotel (6 Nights)
Room Type: Tropicana Pool Side Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast and taxes included
Free day in Tamarindo
Tamarindo is famous for its landscapes, particularly its coasts and protected mangrove forests. This landscape forms a dreamy backdrop for a horseback ride, which is one of the most popular ways to tour Tamarindo. Order a boat to go out to sea on a deep sea fishing expedition; Or, continue your exploration of the Costa Rican coasts with some surf lessons. Tamarindo has an abundance of qualified instructors.
Day 03 Rincón de la Vieja National Park Guided Hike & Liberia City Tour
Rincón de la Vieja is one of the best National Parks in the country for hiking due to the quality of its trails, its great weather, the quantity of fauna and flora and the panoramic views. As you walk through the forest you will find residual volcanic activity such as boiling mud pools and fumaroles. Combined with a stop in Liberia City for lunch time and shopping, this tour is very special.
Included: Entrance, Lunch, Drinks, Transportation, Bilingual guide, Equipment and Insurance.
Tamarindo Mangrove & Estuary Tour on Boat
Estuaries play a very important part in nature as they host a particular number of tree species such as mangrove, and also are home to several species of birds and animals. The Tamarindo Estuary is one of the largest estuaries in Guanacaste, also part of Las Baulas National Park – famous for being one of the nesting spots for Leatherback and Pacific Green Turtles. The tour offers a unique opportunity to observe the generous wildlife living in this oasis. We will enjoy the estuary on a comfortable motor boat that will lead us through this protected sanctuary. Navigating the wetlands you will be able to spot animals such as iguanas, crocodiles, turtles, lizards and many different species of birds. Half way through the mangrove tour, you will have the chance to get off the boat and walk in the national park, where we may see howler monkeys, raccoons and other animals.
Included: Water bottle, fruit juice, guide, transportation and park fee.
Costa Rica Sailing Catamaran Sunset Snorkel Cruise
Your tour will start aboard one of our Catamarans at the Flamingo Marina giving us access to some of the most beautiful isolated beaches and snorkel locations in Costa Rica. There you will have the opportunity to experience marine wildlife such as: dolphins, whales, sea turtles, tropical fish, and manta rays. Sailing along the coastline will give you a completely different view of Costa Rica and a professional and friendly crew will make your experience on board a memorable one, serving you refreshments throughout the cruise. Sailing back at sunset is the perfect end to an unforgettable Costa Rican experience.
Included: Snorkeling or Kayak, equipment, lunch and transportation.
Free day to enjoy the beach and the resort.
Departure from Tamarindo to Liberia airport
Private Transfer Tamarindo – Liberia airport
|· All services indicated in the itinerary above.
· Personalized information, complete voucher list.
· Local Travel Program Support, 24-hour emergency service.
· Airport transfers upon arrival and departure (Daniel Oduber Airport – Tamarindo – Daniel Oduber Airport).
· 06 nights of accommodation in hotels specified in the proposal.
· Breakfast at all hotels and taxes included.
· Excursions included (shared services):
· Rincón de la Vieja National Park Guided Hike & Liberia City Tour
· Tamarindo Mangrove & Estuary Tour on Boat
· Costa Rica Sailing Catamaran Sunset Snorkel Cruise
- NOT INCLUDED
- Other meals than indicated as included
- Other excursions, tours and activities indicated as optional or not included
- International flights
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included)
- The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
Rate per person starting at: US$ 1,105.00 / total price for 2 people: US$ 2,210.00
Prices in US dollars, based on double occupancy during low season, local taxes included.
Accommodations are subject to availability
Additional fee applies for Christmas and New Year’s Eve (December 21 and 05 January) and Easter
Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.