Arrive to San José, Transfer to you hotel in Alajuela
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel in Alajuela and give you your welcome kit. Costa Rica Wellness
Xandari Resort & Spa offers the quintessential Costa Rica experience. The property’s forest reserve, with five waterfalls and miles of trails for bird-watching, provides the nature guests expect from a visit to Costa Rica. The landscaped gardens, the orchid house, and the farm all provide an additional abundance of tropical goodness. The Spa provides ample opportunity to unwind, to relax, to absorb the surrounding nature.
Private Transfer from Xandari to International Airport
Xandari Resort & Spa (2 Nights)
Room Type: Xandari Waterfalls Wellness Package
Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast
Included: 2 night accommodation in a Prima Villa, continental breakfast, Plant a tree with your name on it, Visit the botanic garden and the Xandari´s waterfall down in our nature reserve, while looking for woodland bird and butterfly species and learning about the Costa Rican forest. After this two-hour walk, relax your muscles in a soothing herbal jacuzzi at the Spa, with a view of the Central Valley from your private jalapa. All our herbs, like rosemary, mint, basil, among others, are grown in our gardens.
More Hotel Information: Click here
Programmed Activities at the hotel
Plant a tree with your name on it, visit the botanic garden and the Xandari waterfall down at our nature reserve, and look for woodland bird and butterfly species and learn about the Costa Rican forest. After this two-hour walk, relax in a soothing herbal jacuzzi at the Spa, with a view of the Central Valley from your private jalapa. All our herbs, like rosemary, mint, basil, among others, are grown in our gardens.
Shared bus and boat transfer from Alajuela to Barra de Pacuare
Lirio Lodge is a charming boutique style lodge located at Barra Rio Pacuare, a virgin sector of the Tortuguero canals, in the Caribbean of Costa Rica. It is located directly in front of the Madre de Di-os Lagoon, an extensive and unspoiled natural canal, surrounded by tropical rainforest, and separated from the sea by only a narrow peninsula of virgin and intact tropical jungles, the famous Pacuare Reserve. Without a doubt, staying at Lirio Lodge means exploring and discovering the most unspoiled area of the Caribbean rainforests of Costa Rica and the Tortuguero canals in their most authentic, unspoiled and natural state.
Transfer from Xandari Hotel to Barra del Pacuare
Pacuare River Lodge (2 Nights)
Room Type: Pacuare Standard Room
Meals Plan: Meals
Included: Transportation to and from San Jose, lodging, food, professional bilingual guide and rafting equipment.
Programmed Activities at Barra de Pacuare
After Breakfast Departure by boat to explore the secluded and wild Pacuare Reserve. During this tour you can discover what a tropical primary rainforest is about, with rivers and wetland ecosystems. This gem is home to numerous species of flora and fauna and in almost every outing we can spot the three species of monkeys, mostly snakes, oropendolas, also sometimes sloths, toucans, parrots, hummingbirds. At approximately 11:30 am return to the Lodge. After Lunch Departure by boat to explore some of the natural canals in the area.
Boat and bus transfer from Barra del Pacuare to Guápiles. Pick up Car Rental. Self-drive to Arenal.
Arenal Volcano located in La Fortuna, is the most iconic volcano in Costa Rica. Arenal is a worthy destination, thanks to the dense forest covering her lower slopes and foothills, and her picture-perfect conical shape up top. This area is rugged and varied, rich with wildlife and laced with trails.
Unique, enchanting and beautifully remote, Rancho Margot is a hidden gem near the Arenal Volcano and just 30-minutes from La Fortuna. This Costa Rica eco-lodge in the rainforest is one of the country’s most exclusive getaways where boutique accommodation and farm-to-table dining go hand-in-hand with sustainable and self-sufficient practices.
Daihatsu Bego Automatic (12 Days of Rent).
Rancho Margot (2 Nights)
Room Type: Bungalow
Meals Plan: Meals
Included: Farm-to-Table* Buffet (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner), 2- Hour Guided Ranch Tour, Twice Daily, Yoga Classes (7am & 4pm), Natural Warm & Cold Pools, Access to Hiking Trails, Wireless Internet in Common Areas and Daily Cow Milking.
Programmed Activities in Arenal/Fortuna
Enjoy comfortable rainforest lodging in deluxe rainforest bungalows built into the lush mountainside of a quiet valley. The lodge offers an array of horseback, kayaking, hiking and educational tours directly within their 400-acre property. Explore their full offering of adrenaline-pumping tours in Costa Rica such as ziplining and white water rafting. Daily yoga, organic meals, peaceful introspection and the natural rainforest make for a truly holistic experience. Today you enjoy a farm-to-table buffet,a 2- hour guided ranch tour, yoga classes (7am & 4pm), natural warm & cold pools, access to hiking trails, as well as daily cow milking!
Self drive to Bagaces
The charismatic town of Bagaces will give you the opportunity to discover small town charm surrounded by beautiful natural beauty. Located between the two national parks Rincón de la Vieja and Parque Nacional Palo Verde, Bagaces is the perfect gate for people that want to discover Guanacaste’s rustic environment. One of the most beautiful sides Bagaces has to offer is the nearby waterfall Llanos de Cortés, a cascading beauty that allows for refreshment in its crystal-clear, pristine waters!
Rio Perdido Hotel & Thermal River (2 Nights)
Room Type: East Bungalow
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Enjoy the Canyon Adventure and a mud treatment
While Costa Rica has dozens of “canopy tours,” with hundreds of zip-lines, at this hotel they have truly innovated the Canyon Adventure. Under the guidance of renowned adventure designers, a sequence was designed that will please and surprise. The inspiring Rio Blanco canyon is the main stage for the awesome cable-based adventure.
Same day in the afternoon: Volcanic mud body-painting
Just south of Rio Perdido is a special hot river pool designated specifically for our signature volcanic mud treatment. Guests are given the mud in natural, carved recipients and also given brushes. The mud is to be applied by your partner, yourself, friends, or anyone else up for the task.
Included: Equipment & Bilingual Guide.
Self drive to Nosara
Playa Nosara, best known for great surfing and yoga retreats, is a calm, relaxed town with dark sands, dusty roads and down to earth beach bars. From the beginning, the Harmony has been a passion project for the owners and all those involved in creating the lush, sustainable property where guests now mingle with hummingbirds and howler monkeys. Situated a stone’s throw from a pristine surf break with consistent year-round waves on Guiones Beach, the Harmony is ideal for a surfing adventure.
The Harmony Hotel (3 Nights)
Room Type: Cocos Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast, one yoga class, Sustainability Tour
The Harmony hotel is just two minutes away from Playa Guiones where you will find consistent waves all year long. Warm air and offshore breezes provide great surfing conditions. The waves vary from waist high to double overhead. With a long shallow bottom at low tide it is a great place for beginners to learn how to surf! Also seasoned surfers will have fun here if they go a little bit further into the ocean. No wonder National Geographic named Nosara one of the world’s top twenty surf towns. Surfers of all levels don´t want to miss the glassy late afternoon waves while the sun slowly sets.
Included: Transportation, Bilingual guide, Equipment
Free Day to enjoy a Yoga class in the Hotel
Enter the open-air yoga studio and feel yourself go. Relax your gaze onto layers of deep green jungle as the sounds of geckos and birds punctuate the silence. Look out onto the incredible natural surroundings. No walls. No mirrors. The space itself is soothing. And so are are the classes. Harmony Hotel encourages balance from the inside out supporting a healthy, balanced lifestyle.
Self drive to Carara
Carara protects a total of 4,700 hectares of rainforest and river habitats being famous for having the largest population of Scarlet Macaws in Costa Rica, parrots well known for their distinguished plumage. It is of high interest for nature lovers as it protects the river basin of the Tárcoles River. Primary and secondary forest as well as lakes and waterfalls which make Carara to the perfect habitat for birds, monkeys and giant crocodiles living in the Tárcoles.
Macaw Lodge (2 Nights)
Room Type: Wellness Package
Meals Plan: Meals
Cooking Class Costa Rica
Macaw offers you the experience to learn about a traditional costarican recipe where you will learn the process and a little bit of history of the recipe you will be making in our kitchen with our local chefs.
Macaw Sensorial Costa Rica
Committed to the environment Macaw Lodge has been characterized for offering an authentic environment with plantations and crops without chemicals, so for us it is vital to share with our visitors our green philosophy. An experienced guide will lead us to a unique experience where you will appreciate a garden of medicinal plants of which some are used for making teas and ointments.
Self drive to San Ramón
Today you will arrive at one of the few places in Costa Rica where you can enjoy all the comforts of an upscale boutique hotel while experiencing one of the most unique and endangered types of tropical forests in a private cloud forest reserve. You’ll be ensconced in a beautifully appointed 19th-century re-creation of a mountain farm village. Villa Blanca is a world-renown model of sustainable hospitality, where exceptional Costa Rica experiences are in harmony with conserving nature, culture and the quality of the community.
Villa Blanca (2 Nigth)
Room Type: Deluxe Casitas
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Explore the cloud forest. Enjoy in the afternoon a Spa Treatment at the hotel
The Silence of Angels Neck, Back & Shoulder Massage.
After exploring the trails leading through the cloud forest, in the afternoon it is time to relax. Experts start with a back massage, followed by key points from the neck, working down to your shoulders applying tarragon organic oils taking you to a degree of relaxation that will tantalize your entire body. Each step in the process is developed with deep massage techniques. You’ll feel like a bit of heaven on earth that’s great for anyone who especially likes to get pampered!
Departure from San Ramon to the International Airport Self-drive to the Car Rental Office located near the Juan Santamaría international Airport. Drop Off the Car Rental. Transfer to the airport terminal provided by the car rental company
After an amazing time of absolute highlights in our beautiful Costa Rica, it is time to return home.
**Please notice that the distance between San Ramón and San José is approximately 1.5 hrs. Please take note that you must check in with your airline carrier at the International Airport at least 3 hours prior to your departure time. If your flight leaves early in the morning, we strongly suggest to spend your last night in San Jose.**
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 15 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- 12 days Car Rental Daihatsu Bego Automatic Free mileage 1st additional driver free of charges. CDW Insurance included.
- Excursions and activities included (shared Tours)
- Xandari Waterfalls Wellness Package. Included: 2 night accommodation in a Prima Villa, continental breakfast. Plant a tree with your name on it, Visit the botanic garden and the Xandari´s waterfall down in our nature reserve, while looking for woodland bird and butterfly species and learning about the Costa Rican forest.
- Transfer from Xandari Hotel to meet your bus transfer in San José to continue to Barra del Pacuare
- Lirio Lodge Package. Included: Meals Ground transportation from San José to Goshen Pier and from Goshen Pier to Guápiles, boat transportation from Goshen Pier to the lodge and from the lodge to Goshen Pier. Tour of the wetlands and the mouth of the Pacuare river by boat, tour of the Pacuare Biological Reserve, tour to the Pacuare canals.
- Rancho Margot Package. Included: Farm-to-Table* Buffet (Breakfast, Lunch & Dinner), 2- Hour Guided Ranch Tour, Twice Daily, Yoga Classes, Natural Warm & Cold Pools, Access to Hiking Trails, Wireless Internet in Common Areas and Daily Cow Milking.
- Canyon Adventure Only Included Equipment & Bilingual Guide.
- Rio Perdido Volcanic mud body-painting
- Surf Lesson Included: Transportation, Bilingual guide, Equipment
- Macaw Lodge Package Includes: Meals, Cooking Class and Macaw Sensorial experience
- The Silence of Angels Neck, Back & Shoulder Massage
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
What makes us different? You can customize your Costa Rica trip to fit your exact needs. Maximize fun time and minimize hassles, mistakes and travel time. Every detail from airport pick-up to adventure tours and activities are arranged by us to make sure the only thing you have to worry about is having fun. Use our quick and easy trip customization form and find out how affordable your dream Costa Rica vacation can be! With CRS you don´t just vacation in Costa Rica, you experience it!
From US $2900.00 p.p
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.