Arrival to Liberia airport & Transfer to Tenorio Volcano National park
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and exited the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel and give you your welcome kit.
The Tenorio Volcano National Park is one home of Costa Rica´s most spectacular natural wonders: the sky blue Río Celeste Waterfall. The result of sulphur and calcium carbonate from the minerals in the river are giving the bright color. As this river is situated inside the Tenorio National Park, one must hike within the park to see it. Along its trails, wildlife abounds with extensive bird species, butterflies and monkeys. One highlight of the trails is the climb to the volcano´s symmetrical cinder cone, as well as multiple hot springs along the way.
Río Celeste Hideaway is a small resort-style and ecologically-conscious hotel that provides a truly unique experience. The hotel is located next to the Tenorio Volcano National Park, where the amazing Rio Celeste gains its sky-blue color. The hotel offers spacious comfort, a wonderful restaurant and amenities, surrounded by a natural paradise. The location provides an ideal place to enjoy all kinds of outdoor adventures such as horseback riding along the river, white water rafting only 40 minutes away.
Private Transfer from LIR Airport – Río Celeste Hideaway
Rio Celeste Hideaway Hotel (2 Nights)
Room Type: Casita Forest
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Guided Tour to Río Celeste
Rio Celeste is one of the most beautiful and scenic rivers in Costa Rica located in the Tenorio Volcano National Park which has been untroubled by mass tourism. The park is home to an incredible biodiversity of flora and fauna including the tapir, wild cats, monkeys, toucans and a vast variety of amphibians and reptiles. Once at the park entry we start the hike through this primary rainforest. Several fauna species and exuberant flora are easily found in this ecosystem. During this walk we visit a magnificent waterfall, the place where the river shows the light blue coloration, hot water springs and fumaroles of volcanic gases.
Included: Entrance Fee, transportation, lunch & bilingual guide.
Private transfer to the Gulf of Papagayo
Located in the northern Pacific Coast, the Papagayo Gulf is untamed and very beautiful. Rest and relaxation always go hand in hand in the Gulf of Papagayo, with mesmerizing ocean views and intimate settings and activities, as well as lush tropical greenery at every turn. If you enjoy sunny days, this is your spot. Traditionally known as a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers, Papagayo is also a charming experience for those interested in relaxation and fun. Papagayo’s beaches comply with most of the requirements upon which a good beach is usually judged. Water quality, views, texture of sand are probably the most specified criteria! Generous palm trees rise up from the beaches giving shade to sunbathers. Spectacular sunsets are a regular component in the scenery along the Pacific Area. From calm waters with great swimming, to the finest sand beaches with magnificent panoramas, Papagayo is a perfect destination to enjoy nature and relax
El Mangroove is a hotel inspired on barefoot luxury, its straight up laid-back and down-right cool. Perfect mixes of wood and water alongside contemporary linear architecture, natural furnishings and subtle splashes of color make it evident that true indulgence is actually found in simplicity. Indulge in an afternoon of pampering and massage at Bearth Spa. Keep up with your fitness routine in our fully equipped gym, and bask in the sunshine while in our outdoor pool. As the only resort in the area with two private tour boats, adventure awaits. After a day of exploration, dine with at one of the two beautiful restaurants, both with views of the Gulf of Papagayo, and ease into the comfort of the spacious suites with plush beds and spa-like bathrooms.
Private Transfer from Río Celeste to the Gulf of Papagayo
El Mangroove (3 Nights)
Room Type: Nesto Suite Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Days 04 & 05
Free Days at Papagayo
Enjoy your day relaxing at your hotel and surroundings or ask your travel consultant about the many optional activities that are offered in the area.
Private Transfer from Papagayo to the Daniel Oduber International Airport in Liberia
After an amazing time of absolute highlights in our beautiful Costa Rica, it is time to return home.
Private Transfer from Papagayo to Liberia Airport
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 5 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- 3 Private transfers between destinations included:
- Private Transfer from Liberia airport to Río Celeste, from rio Celeste to Papagayo, from Papagayo to Liberia airport.
- 1 Excursion Incuded: (Shared tours)
- Río Celeste & Tenorio Volcano Hike – Included: Transportation, bilingual naturalist guide, park entrance fee, water, snacks, lunch
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- Is there anything missing that you would like to include? We offer you following options. You can also contact your destination expert;
- Hotel upgrades / Car upgrades / local flights
- Optional excursions or activities at each destination
- Meals, special gifts
- A bilingual guide and / or driver
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period. A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.