Arrival to Liberia & Transfer to Arenal volcano / La Fortuna
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and exited the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel and give you your welcome kit.
The Northern Plains of Costa Rica showcases some very scenic countryside towns. Small agriculture communities and cattle ranches cover rolling hills and deep valleys. The plains, rainforests and rivers make the north central a must-see in any Costa Rica program. The main attraction is the iconic Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Volcano area is Costa Rica’s premier region of exploration and excitement: Arenal is synonymous to adventure and Eco-discovery, where you can embark in a wide variety of activities. Enjoy the thrill of whitewater rafting or canyoning, or combine adventure with ecological discovery in a canopy tour. Hike the volcano or explore the rainforest strolling through hanging bridges. Feel transformed by the beauty and variety of our wildlife and tropical jungle. Get ready for a life changing adventure!
Private Transfer from LIB Airport to Arenal
Nayara Hotel & Spa
Room Type: Casita Deluxe
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Horseback Riding to La Fortuna Waterfall
This is a great combination of hiking and horseback riding to the beautiful and majestic La Fortuna Waterfall though the unique natural scenery of the tropical rainforest. Keep your eyes open for monkeys, toucans and other birds that inhabit the region. Once we arrive at the La Fortuna Waterfall and River you can choose to take a refreshing swim in the crystal waters or relax to the sound of the impressive waterfall and enjoy its moist breeze.
Included: Transportation, guide, entrance fee, equipment and drinks.
Private transfer to Monteverde
A startling haven for all that is living and natural, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve promises a journey that will make you one with nature–at a whole new level. Located in the Cordillera de Tilarán, Monteverde is one of the top ecotourism destinations the world over, being one of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuary and nature reserve in the world. It is actually home to some of the most endangered species in the planet. Its elevation is from 600 meters to 1800 meters above sea level in some isolated areas. It currently houses about 2,000 plant & tree species, 400 bird species, 100 species of mammals and around 1,200 amphibians and reptiles as well as hundreds of unique fern and orchid species. Birds are one of the main attractions in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve as a lot of them would migrate there and a variety of species are for everyone to see alive and freely hovering.
Private Transfer from Arenal to Monteverde
Hotel Belmar (2 Nights)
Room Type: Peninsula Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Canopy Tour + Hanging Bridges
|Today you will enjoy a combo tour at the Selvatura Park in Monteverde. You will participate in an adventurous canopy tour (zip lining) where you will be flying through 12 cables and 18 platforms with an optional Tarzan Swing at the end of the adventure. Selvatura Park is one of the longest canopy tours in Costa Rica. It is also the only canopy tour located inside the Monteverde Cloud Forest. The canopy takes usually around 2,5 and 3 hours and can be done by adventurers starting at the age of 4. It is a safe adventure for everyone although restrictions may apply.
After the canopy tour you will walk on eight different bridges which are called the Selvatura Tree Top Walkways. The lengths vary between 150 feet (50 meters) and 510 feet (170 meters) and some are up to 180 feet (60 meters) high. The walkways consist of a 1.9 mile (approximately 3 kilometer) trail that leads you through the Monteverde Cloud Forest. Each bridge has a capacity of up to 80 people which makes them both the longest and strongest bridges in the Monteverde Cloud Forest.
Included: Bilingual Guide, equipment and transportation
Private transfer to Punta Islita
Hotel Punta Islita is located along the sunny Nicoya Peninsula in Costa Rica’s Guanacaste Province. The tiered layout capitalizes on the property’s hilltop setting, gazing upon Islita Beach. Hotel Punta Islita’s facilities are interspersed in a 300 acre property and include an infinity-edge freshwater pool for adults, two restaurants, a unique Spa, an executive golf course, tennis courts, and an ocean-side family beach club with a freshwater pool and lounging gardens. All accommodations stand out for the impeccable details that fully reflect Costa Rican culture and hospitality. Spend the day at leisure enjoying the facilities at Punta Islita hotel. From the infinity-edge freshwater pool to a unique Spa, an executive golf course, tennis courts, and an ocean-side beach you’re sure to enjoy yourself! Or choose from a variety of adventures during your stay at Punta Islita. Active adventures include: hiking, ziplining, horseback riding and surfing. Wildlife adventures include: monkey quest, sea turtle exploration (Seasonal), bird watching and dusk hikes. Local Culture includes: art, cooking lessons and community interaction. All activities listed are subject to additional fees. Please let your Sales Advisor know if any of these activities are of interest.
Private Transfer from Monteverde to Punta Islita
Punta Islita Hotel (2 Nights)
Room Type: Deluxe Partial Ocean View
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Included: Complimentary eco-adventures, cultural activities, and learning sessions in your stay. You may book up to four activities per person, per day. Please book at the hotel with the Activities Coordinator.
Free Day at Punta Islita
Enjoy your day relaxing at your hotel and surroundings or ask your travel consultant about the many optional activities that are offered in the area.
Departure from Punta Islita to the Liberia Airport
After an amazing time of absolute highlights in our beautiful Costa Rica, it is time to return home.
Private Transfer from Punta Islita to Liberia airport
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 6 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- 3 Private Transfers between destinations included:
- Private Transfer Arenal to Monteverde
- Private Transfer from Monteverde to Punta Islita
Private Transfer from Punta Islita to Liberia Airport
- 2 Excursions Incuded: (Shared tours)
- La Fortuna Waterfall Guided Hike – Included: Transportation, entrance fee, bilingual guide and snacks.
- Canopy Tour + Hanging Walkways – Included: Transportation, bilingual guide, equipment
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license and a valid creditcard (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period. A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Bring an electric converter and adapter.