CRS Tours wants to inspire its clients through the desire of new experiences and concern for places they visit, the protection of Costa Rica’s natural and cultural riches to generate economic opportunity in areas that rely on tourism. We promote Responsible Tourism
CRS Tours is proud to announce its Level 4 leaf certification of sustainable tourism (CST). The Costa Rica Tourism Board (ICT) is responsible for monitoring yearly practices of the company’s commitment to promote conservation and efficient use of resources, commitment to rural and local communities and its needs, seeking dedication and solutions for the environment and carrying out conservation measures. The maximum level of certification is Level 5 leaves. This award is given to companies who consistently achieve or exceed their standards of environmental sustainability, business ethics and cultural sensitivity. For more Information: www.turismo-sostenible.co.cr/
Responsible Tourism: Your role
At CRS Tours we want to show our continued support of the environment and our communities with the help from our clients. Here below we make some recommendations on how you can help as well:
– Buy locally made crafts and support local skills.
– Eat local food and specialties to support the local farmers and producers.
– Do not buy products made from endangered or wild animals and/or plants.
– Do not leave your trash behind, dispose your garbage properly and minimize your consumption of water and energy.
– Take short showers rather than baths, and inform staff if you are happy to reuse towels and bed linen rather than having them replaced daily. Many hot countries suffer from periods of drought and this will help to conserve water.
– Be sure to maintain a respectful distance when viewing and photographing wildlife. Listen to your guide’s instructions and make use of the telescope lens they offer for viewings.
– Respect the local culture and traditions – dress and act appropriately with the people you interact in the community.
– Be sensitive to where and when to take photos of people and places. Always ask first.
– Language: Learn a few words of the local language.
– Turn down/off heating and air-conditioning when not required – and turn off the TV rather than leaving it on standby.
– Whenever possible, utilize options that do not require batteries. Buy rechargeable batteries for your essential travel items such as cameras, razors, and flash lights.
– Turn off lights and unplug household appliances that can be left unplugged while you are away.
– Pack only what you need, and don’t bring things that will become waste. By reducing the weight of luggage travelers can significantly cut green house gas emissions.
– Do not smoke in national parks or biological reserves.
– Do not take plants or animals. Costa Rica applies severe penalties.
Pack for a Purpose
We are proud members of Pack for a Purpose, an initiative that allows travelers like you to make a lasting impact on a community during your travels. If you save just a few kilos of space in your suitcase and bring supplies for rural schools or medical clinics in need, you will make a priceless impact in people’s lives, local children and families.
Please click here to see what supplies are needed for our project/projects.
“Be the change you wish to see in the world”. Mahatma Gandhi