Arrive to San Jose
Welcome to Costa Rica! For your added comfort, once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will have one of our representatives waiting for you outside with a sign with your name on it. He will drive you to your hotel in San José. You will receive a welcome package with your vouchers, a country map, and any other touristic information that we deem you may find useful.
Private Transfer from International Airport to San Jose
Real Intercontinental Hotel (1 Night)
Room Type: Standard Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Pick up your car rental at your hotel in San José and Self drive to Arenal Fortuna
Arenal Volcano located in La Fortuna, is the most iconic volcano in Costa Rica. A worthy destination, thanks to the dense forest covering her lower slopes and foothills, and her picture-perfect conical shape up top. This area is rugged and varied, rich with wildlife and laced with trails.
Daihatsu Bego Standard (12 Days of Rent)
Also included with your car:
Arenal Volcano Inn (2 Nights)
Room Type: Deluxe Room
Meals Plan: Buffet Breakfast
Self drive to Flamingo
Playa Flamingo, known for its brilliant white sands and turquoise waters is located in the North Pacific coast of Guanacaste. Its crescent shape beach allows visitors to enjoy a variety of activities such as snorkeling, boogie boarding, paddle boarding, sea kayaking, sailing and more!
Margaritaville Beach Resort, Playa Flamingo (3 Nights)
Room Type: Poolview Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Days 05 & 06
We start the boat ride with a briefing from your guides regarding dive safety and procedures. During the ride, keep your eyes open for signs of dolphins, whales, mating turtles and the amazing jumping rays. Depending on the weather & daily conditions, we choose 2 dive sites to perform 60ft max dives exploring the Catalina Islands in the Pacific Ocean, one of the best places to dive in Costa Rica. With the possibility of seeing White Tip Reef Sharks, Spotted Eagle Rays, Giant Manta Rays, Nudibranchs, Octopus, Big schools of fish, Eels and maybe even a Seahorse, the variety of life in this ocean is outstanding and never boring as it changes so much during the year. A refresher course can be undertaken before the boat leaves for those who have not been diving in a long time or who do not have much experience.
Self drive to Monteverde
A startling haven for all that is living and natural, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve promises a journey that will make you one with nature–at a whole new level. Located in the Cordillera de Tilarán, Monteverde is one of the top ecotourism destinations the world over, being one of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuary and nature reserve in the world. It is actually home to some of the most endangered species in the planet.
Trapp Family Lodge Hotel (2 Nights)
Room Type: Superior Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Self-drive to Uvita
Uvita is a small and nestled town in the Puntarenas Province. Its main attraction is the Marina Ballena National Park, a marine reserve that is famous for its migrating pods of humpback whales. Recognizable about this park is a 1 km sand bar that reminds of the shape of a whale tail, a result of converging currents. Uvita is perfect for travelers that are looking for an off-the beaten path holiday as not many tourists are frequenting Uvita´s beaches and the small village gives you a good possibility to involve with locals.
La Cusinga Lodge Hotel (1 Night)
Room Type: Ocean View Superior Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included
Self drive to Sierpe, park your car rental. Boat Transfer from Sierpe to Drake Bay Area
The village of Drake Bay sits on the Pacific side of the peninsula but is well protected from ocean swells due to its position in a wide cove. One reason Drake Bay is so special is that it is difficult to access and gives you that feeling of being away from it all! Arriving via boat is a great experience. Drake Bay is the kind of place where you could swing in a hammock all day and still see more amazing wildlife than almost anywhere else in the world.
Pirate Cove Hotel (3 Nights)
Room Type: Bungalow Room
Meals Plan: Meals
Scuba Diving at Caño Island
When the boat arrives to the Island, the instructor will go to the Minaet Station on the Island in order to give the register and show the documents with the reservation and the entrances fees. After that the divers go with the instructor for the first dive. The dive takes 40 minutes or less, depending on the group. Afterwards the group can rest in the island and drink water. It is not allowed to eat on the island, neither are there toilets. After the short rest we will do the second dive.
Corcovado National Park Tour, San Pedrillo Station
A visit to the Corcovado National Park is a must when on the Osa Peninsula. The National Park is one of the most beautiful conservation regions of the world. Here you are likely to see ocelots, margay, jaguars, tapirs, red macaws, toucans, quetzals and lots more. There may be one hundred different types of trees in one hundred meters. At midday you stop to eat on a deserted beach or swim in San Pedrillo waterfall.
Boat Transfer to Sierpe, pick up back your car rental. Self-drive to San José. Drop Off your car rental at your hotel.
San José is the capital city of Costa Rica and is by far the largest city in the country. Due to its strategic location in the geographical heart of the country, San José is the ideal place to use as a base for taking daily excursions to a variety of sites and diverse regions. San José’s main attractions include the National Theatre, the Gold and Jade Museums, shopping malls, fabulous restaurants, art exhibits, dance performances and opera.
Hilton Garden Inn San José La Sabana (1 Night)
Room Type: Standard Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 13 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- 12 days Car Rental Daihatsu Bego Standard – Additional Car Rental includes: CDW Insurance. Free mileage 1st additional driver free of charges.
- Drake Bay package. Included: Boat transfers from Sierpe – Drake Bay – Sierpe, guided tour to Corcovado National Park, Scuba Diving Tour at Caño Island Biological Reserve and all taxes.
- Excursions Included: (Shared tours)
- 2x Certified Divers 2 tank dive with full diving gear – Included: Diving equipment and transport at Tamarindo, Westin, Brasilito, Flamingo and Potrero.
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
- International flights.
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
What makes us different? You can customize your Costa Rica trip to fit your exact needs. Maximize fun time and minimize hassles, mistakes and travel time. Every detail from airport pick-up to adventure tours and activities are arranged by us to make sure the only thing you have to worry about is having fun. Use our quick and easy trip customization form and find out how affordable your dream Costa Rica vacation can be! With CRS you don´t just vacation in Costa Rica, you experience it!
From US$ 2,060.00 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.