Arrival to San José.
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will have one of our representatives waiting for you outside with a sign with your name on it. He will drive you to your hotel in San José.
- Private Transfer from International Airport to San José
Hilton Garden Inn San Jose La Sabana (1 Night)
- Room Type: Junior Suite Room
- Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included
Bus and Shuttle boat to Tortuguero
Tortuguero National Park is one of Costa Rica’s most incredible destinations at the Caribbean coast. It’ s beaches attract thousands of nesting sea turtles. The surrounding rainforest is filled with wildlife. And because there are no roads to Tortuguero National Park, just getting here is an adventure. Tortuguero is one of the wettest places in Costa Rica, receiving over 6 meters (20 feet) of rain each year. This is an eco-travel paradise, filled with stunning biodiversity. Each year between June and October, tens of thousands of green sea turtles returned to the dark sand beach to lay their eggs. Tortuguero is more than just sea turtles. Lying just beyond the beach are a handful of serpentine rivers that reach deep into the jungle, opening up a lush wilderness filled with wildlife. You can explore the rivers by motor boat, kayak or canoe. As you cruise through the waterways, look for monkeys, sloths, parrots, crocodiles, caimans and dozens of other exotic animals. All told, Tortuguero is home to 60 mammal species, 57 amphibian species, 111 reptile species, over 300 bird species, over 400 tree species and over 2,000 plant species! With so much biodiversity, it’s no wonder Tortuguero is the Caribbean coast’s top eco-destination and Costa Rica’s third-most visited national park.
Mawamba Lodge (1 Package)
- Room Type: 3D/2N Superior Room
- Meals Plan: Meals and Taxes Included
- Included: Ground and boat transportation from San José / to Guápiles, tour to the Tortuguero canals by boat through the National Park (entrance fee not included US$ 16.95 per person), Visit to Tortuguero Village and visit the Mawamba Park.
Programmed activities at Tortuguero
Rise and shine bright and early this morning, where you have a chance to enjoy a famous Costa Rican coffee, or tea at the restaurant before heading out in search of adventure. You have the opportunity of enjoy by your own a walk at the hotel trails or take an optional excursion (not Included). In the afternoon join a guided Canal Tour to experience the jungle which surrounds the nearby canals. Through an infinite network of river canals and mangroves you will experience a truly unique contact with nature. Your guide will explain what they’ve learnt about this beautiful jungle flora and fauna. Their experience in the field has provided them with plenty of knowledge about the many species of wildlife that call this jungle home.
Later that day
- Dinner at Katonga Restaurant
Enjoy a romantic dinner in the floating restaurant while sailing the Tortuguero Canals.
Shared boat and bus transfer to Guápiles. Stop for lunch and pick up car and self-drive to Arenal/Fortuna
The Northern Plains of Costa Rica showcases some very scenic countryside towns. Small agriculture communities and cattle ranches cover rolling hills and deep valleys. The plains, rainforests and rivers make the north-central a must-see in any Costa Rica program. The main attraction is the iconic Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Volcano area is Costa Rica’s premier region of exploration and excitement: Arenal is synonymous with adventure and Eco-discovery, where you can embark on a wide variety of activities. Enjoy the thrill of whitewater rafting or canyoning, or combine adventure with ecological discovery in a canopy tour. Hike the volcano or explore the rainforest strolling through hanging bridges. Feel transformed by the beauty and variety of our wildlife and tropical jungle. Get ready for a life-changing adventure!
- Suzuki Vitara 4×4 Auto (10 Days of Rent)
Arenal Manoa & Hot Springs Resort (2 Nights)
- Room Type: Superior Room
- Meals Plan: Breakfast & Taxes included
Tour to Arenal Volcano National Park and Arenal Lake + Tabacon Hot Springs and Dinner
There is no greater attraction in the northern region of Costa Rica than the Arenal Volcano. So why not enjoy it in the most picturesque way possible? This tour combines an attractive boat ride in Arenal Lake with a hike through the National Park and provides you with impressive views of this mighty wonder.
The tour begins with a short 20-minute ride to the Peninsula Sector at Arenal Volcano National Park near Arenal Lake, once on the trail a walk waiting for us with an easy trail of 1.5km (1 mile) away for 1 hour approximately. During the whole trip you will be able to enjoy excellent views to Arenal Lake and Tilaran Volcanic Mountain Range viewing from the different observation bays that are along the trail. At the end of the trail, we will have the opportunity to walk up to the observation platform of approximately 10 m high closer to look at the volcano and receive a complete explanation of the history, active cycles, and geological formation of this colossal.
At the end of the trail, we will enjoy a snack of fresh fruit before taking our boat for a tour along the forested shores of Lake Arenal and islets to try to find some animals. This is the ideal place to take scenic photographs of the volcano, if it is clear. After about 45 minutes, the boat docks in the sector of the Arenal Dam. At the end visit the Tabacón hot springs, where you will enjoy the termal mineral waters for approximately three hours on your own. Afterwards, we will pick you up to take you back to your hotel in our modern minivans.
Included: Transportation from your hotel in comfortable air-conditioned mini vans with Wi-Fi, bilingual naturalist guide, National Park entrance fee, bottled mineral water, snacks, boat transportation, gear, and insurance policies. Tabacón Hot spring entrance fee and dinner Included.
Private transfer from Arenal to Quepos/Manuel Antonio
A startling haven for all that is living and natural, the Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve promises a journey that will make you one with nature–at a whole new level. Located in the Cordillera de Tilarán, Monteverde is one of the top ecotourism destinations the world over, being one of the most spectacular wildlife sanctuary and nature reserve in the world. It is actually home to some of the most endangered species in the planet. Its elevation is from 600 meters to 1800 meters above sea level in some isolated areas. It currently houses about 2,000 plant & tree species, 400 bird species, 100 species of mammals and around 1,200 amphibians and reptiles as well as hundreds of unique fern and orchid species. Birds are one of the main attractions in Monteverde Cloud Forest Reserve as a lot of them would migrate there and a variety of species are for everyone to see alive and freely hovering. Some of the famed birds found in the cloud forest are the bare-necked umbrella birds, the endangered Bellbird, quetzals and over 30 species of hummingbirds.
What’s there to do in Monteverde? ( Note, activities are optional if not included in our proposal )
Tours are available for all nature lovers or first-time nature explorers alike. Considering the size of the reserve, hanging bridges and trails are good for hiking and sightseeing. There is even a special private birding tour if you’re interested in learning more about these famous flying species. For the more active we offer zip lining! As the weather here is quite chilly and misty, due to the village being high up in the Tilaran Mountain Range, do bring some thick clothes and a light jacket to stay warm.
Senda Monteverde Hotel (2 Nights)
- Room Type: Superior Room
- Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included
Enjoy Sky Adventures Park: Sky Tram, Sky Trek & Sky Walk
Firstly, you start with Sky Walk, a guided tour, which combines trails and suspension bridges with lengths of even 984 feet and heights above the canopy of Monteverde cloud forest. The tour gives you the opportunity to enjoy the flora and fauna of the area, always joined by one of our specialized guides. Later on, you enjoy Sky Tram is a guided tour and you can have the opportunity of intermediate the ride with short stops to observe the cloud forest biodiversity, the Arenal, Tenorio, Miravalles and Orosi volcanoes, the Nicoya gulf, and the Guanacaste plain if the weather allows it. The gondolas have been adapted even for people with some disability. Then, Sky Trek system of zip lines ranging from mountain to mountain, which together has a distance of 2.5 miles of linear cable. The tour gives you the opportunity to fly through a cable and have a unique experience of adventure and adrenaline at speeds up to 40 miles per hour with distances ranging up to 2500 feet and heights of 524 feet. In addition, the tour offers 5 observation towers that exceed the cloud forest treetops providing a panoramic view.
Included: Bilingual Guide, Equipment.
Selfdrive to Tenorio / Rio Celeste
The Tenorio Volcano National Park is one home of Costa Rica´s most spectacular natural wonders: the sky blue Río Celeste Waterfall. The result of sulphur and calcium carbonate from the minerals in the river are giving the bright color. As this river is situated inside the Tenorio National Park, one must hike within the park to see it. Along its trails, wildlife abounds with extensive bird species, butterflies and monkeys. One highlight of the trails is the climb to the volcano´s symmetrical cinder cone, as well as multiple hot springs along the way.
Tenorio Lodge (2 Nights)
- Room Type: Bungalow Standard Room
- Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included
Tubbing at Celeste River
Haven´t you always dreamed of feeling free while being carried away by the current of a river? Enjoy a new original and refreshing experience in a rubber boat on the Río Celeste or the Rio Frio accompanied by Wilson. With class I to II currents you will have a rafting experience in a unique environment filled with adrenaline. Get ready for a fun adventure!
Included: Bilingual Guide, equipment, transport, fruits & natural juice, Transportation
Selfdrive to Papagayo
Located in the northern Pacific Coast, the Papagayo Gulf is untamed and very beautiful. Rest and relaxation always go hand in hand in the Gulf of Papagayo, with mesmerizing ocean views and intimate settings and activities, as well as lush tropical greenery at every turn. If you enjoy sunny days, this is your spot. Traditionally known as a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers, Papagayo is also a charming experience for those interested in relaxation and fun. Papagayo’s beaches comply with most of the requirements upon which a good beach is usually judged. Water quality, views, the texture of sand are probably the most specified criteria! Generous palm trees rise up from the beaches giving shade to sunbathers. Spectacular sunsets are a regular component in the scenery along with the Pacific Area. From calm waters with great swimming to the finest sand beaches with magnificent panoramas, Papagayo is a perfect destination to enjoy nature and relax
Secrets Papagayo Costa Rica (3 Nights)
- Room Type: Bungalow Suite Tropical View
- Meals Plan: All Inclusive
Day 11 & 12
Free Days at Papagayo
Rejoice and spend a fantastic time at Papagayo, with the countless activities this bay has to offer! Whether you prefer to sit back at your hotel and enjoy cocktails at the beach or to hop on a sunset tour and enjoy a world-class sunset along with some cocktails! Otherwise, go on an action-packed day and experience high-speed jetskiing, fishing and many more experiences for all tastes and preferences. Enjoy your days spending time relaxing and enjoying the sea breeze or ask your travel consultant about the many optional activities that are offered in the area!
Selfdrive to San José. Drop Off the car rental at your hotel
San José, the capital city surrounded by the mountainous scenarios of the central valley, with a privileged climate full of culture. It is undoubtedly the place where the cultural and gastronomic options of the country converge. It will be enough to tour the boulevard of the central avenue to meet the emblematic National Theater, museums, shopping malls, the colourful central market and enjoy the different gastronomic options, art exhibitions and cultural shows.
Hilton Garden Inn Santa Ana (1 Night)
- Room Type: Standard Room
- Meals Plan: Taxes and Breakfast included
Departure from San Jose to the International Airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to San José Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of itinerary.
Private Transfer from San José to International Airport
- All services indicated in the itinerary above.
- Personalized information, complete voucher list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24-hour emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 13 nights of accommodation in hotels specified in the proposal.
- Breakfast at all hotels and taxes included.
- All-Inclusive System at Secrets Papagayo
- Tortuguero Package:Meals and Taxes Included, ground and boat transportation from San José / to Guápiles, tour to the Tortuguero canals by boat through the National Park (entrance fee not included US$ 16.95 per person), Visit to Tortuguero Village and visit the Mawamba Park.
- Romantic dinner in the floating restaurant at Tortuguero.
- 10 days car rental. (Suzuki Vitara 4×4 Auto).
- Free mileage.
- 1st additional driver free of charges.
- Free Cell Phone includes Free local phone calls, navigation app Waze and unlimited Internet for 5 devices. In case of lack of availability, National Rental Car will deliver a GPS instead
- CDW-TP-TPL: collision damage waiver-theft protection-third party liability
- Excursions included (shared Service):
- Arenal Volcano National Park by The Lake + Tabacon + Dinner
- Sky Tram, Sky Trek & Sky Walk
- Tubbing at Celeste River
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- Airport taxes (US$ 29.00 per person not included).
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
From US$ 2,902.00 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.