Arrival to Costa Rica, Transfer to Xandari Resort & Spa in Alajuela
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and stepped out of the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel in Alajuela and give you your welcome kit.
Art and architecture are highlights of the Xandari experience in Costa Rica. 24 spacious villas nestled on a 40-acre plantation are surrounded by lush gardens, with terraces facing spectacular views of Costa Rica’s majestic Central Valley day and night. Each is a unique design, with tropical colors and contemporary design. A private forest reserve with rivers, five natural waterfalls, and 2.5 miles of trails offers excellent hiking, birding, and communion with nature. Three pools, each with a unique view of coffee plantations, provide added incentive for a morning swim. Wide range of natural treatments are offered in private jalapas at the Spa Village, each featuring a hot-tub overlooking forest and valley at 3,900 ft.
Private Transfer from to International Airport to Xandari
Xandari Resort & Spa (1 Night)
- Room Type: Prima Room
- Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast and Taxes Included.
Private transfer to Arenal volcano / Amor Arenal
The Northern Plains of Costa Rica showcases some very scenic countryside towns. Small agriculture communities and cattle ranches cover rolling hills and deep valleys. The plains, rainforests and rivers make the north central a must-see in any Costa Rica program. The main attraction is the iconic Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Volcano area is Costa Rica’s premier region of exploration and excitement: Arenal is synonymous to adventure and Eco-discovery, where you can embark in a wide variety of activities. Enjoy the thrill of whitewater rafting or canyoning, or combine adventure with ecological discovery in a canopy tour. Hike the volcano or explore the rainforest strolling through hanging bridges. Feel transformed by the beauty and variety of our wildlife and tropical jungle. Get ready for a life changing adventure!
Nestled in the foothills of the Arenal Volcano, Amor Arenal is a beautiful rainforest lodge at the edge of an untouched forest canyon. Boasting stunning views of the volcano as well as the San Carlos Valley, Amor Arenal offers individual luxury cabins crafted from precious tropical hardwoods. Immerse yourself in nature and explore the lodge’s trails to discover beautiful vegetation, streams, and waterfalls. Experience exceptional views overlooking the rainforest, immerse yourself in the lodge’s hot spring pools, or simply discover the excellence of the “Pura Vida” life.
Private Transfer from Xandari to Arenal
Amor Arenal (2 Nights)
- Room Type: Canyon Casita Queen
- Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included
Arenal Volcano National Park Hike + La Fortuna Waterfall – Private Excursion
The Arenal Volcano National Park hike is one of the most popular tours in La Fortuna! Get as close as possible to the volcano while hiking through well maintained paths that weave through the lush Costa Rican rainforest. Your nature guide will point out exotic plants and wildlife and explain the history of this fascinating volcano and area of Costa Rica. This is a must see for nature lovers and bird watchers!
The La Fortuna Waterfall is one of the best things to see when you come to the Arenal area! You will love the hike down to this waterfall near the town of La Fortuna because you can see all of the natural beauty of the rainforest as well as the birds and wildlife that live there. Once you arrive at the La Fortuna Waterfall prepare yourself to be blown away by the beauty of this impressive waterfall! You will also be able to swim and take amazing photos!
Included: Transportation, bilingual naturalist guide, park entrance fee, water.
Private transfer to Papagayo, The Mangroove
Located in the northern Pacific Coast, the Papagayo Gulf is untamed and very beautiful. Rest and relaxation always go hand in hand in the Gulf of Papagayo, with mesmerizing ocean views and intimate settings and activities, as well as lush tropical greenery at every turn. If you enjoy sunny days, this is your spot. Traditionally known as a paradise for bird watchers and nature lovers, Papagayo is also a charming experience for those interested in relaxation and fun.
Fun and family-friendly, El Mangroove in the Gulf of Papagayo is perfectly placed for a coastal Costa Rican adventure. Take to the seas to spot stingrays, dolphins and turtles (and humpback whales if you’ve timed your visit right), or settle in for sunset with sand underfoot at the beachfront restaurant Matiss. Massages are performed out in the mangroves, under cover of a cabana, but with Mother Nature all around.
There’s a lengthy family-friendly pool with sunloungers and parasols, or guests can make the most of the poolside butler service and have drinks delivered to their private cabana.
The open-air spa cabanas mean you can have massages out amid the mangroves; there’s also a steam room, outdoor relaxation areas with Jacuzzis and fitness classes on offer.
Private Transfer from Arenal to Papagayo, Hotel El Mangroove
El Mangroove, autograph collection (3 Nights)
- Room Type: Nesto Suite Room
- Meals Plan: Breakfast and Taxes Included More Hotel
Day 05 & 06
Free Days at Papagayo
Make your choice, sea or land … For those who love to sweat and follow their exercise routine in an exotic location, El Mangroove offers group and private yoga classes on request plus a multifunctional gym open 24 hours. If the ocean inspires you, take a Stand Up Paddle Board class, go kayaking, go fishing, surfing, or go to different beaches around the gulf. Are you wanting to know the area? there are bicycles at your disposal!
Private transfer to Xandari resort
Private Transfer from Papagayo to Alajuela, Xandari resort
Xandari Resort & Spa (1 Night)
- Room Type: Prima Room
- Meals Plan: Continental Breakfast and Taxes Included
Departure from Alajuela to the International Airport
A privately driven vehicle will provide you with a transfer from your hotel to San José Airport today. Depart from International Airport. End of itinerary.
Private Transfer from Xandari to International Airport
- All services indicated in the above itinerary.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica and vouchers list.
- Local Travel Program Support, 24 hours emergency service.
- Airport transfers upon arrival and departure.
- 07 Nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- Private Excursion Arenal Volcano National Park Hike + La Fortuna Waterfall. Included: Transportation, bilingual naturalist guide, park entrance fee, water.
- Private transfers between destinations included:
- Private Transfer from Xandari to Arenal
- Private Transfer from Arenal to Papagayo
- Private Transfer from Papagayo to Alajuela
- NOT INCLUDED
- Other meals than indicated as included.
- Other excursions tours and activities indicated as optional or not included.
- International flights.
- Personal expenses. Tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
From US $2055 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price.
The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license as well as a valid credit card (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period. A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Bring an electric converter and adapter.
Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.