Arrival to Liberia
Welcome to Costa Rica! Once you have passed immigration and customs and exited the airport doors, you will meet one of our travel representatives with a sign reading your name. He will drive you to your hotel and give you your welcome kit.
Private transfer to Rincón de la Vieja
Wildlife, rivers, waterfalls, and mud baths are just the tip of the volcano when it comes to the natural wonders of Rincón de la Vieja National Park. The national park’s 34,800 acres are home to two peaks, the most impressive being Rincón de la Vieja at 1,895 meters (6,254 feet), which is often enveloped in clouds. Expect to see monkeys, sloths, and birds in a single day’s exploration. To get a taste of the area, there are plenty of activities that blend nature and adventure, like horseback riding, river rafting, zip lining, and hiking on a network of trails that set off from the Santa María ranger station and wind past hot springs, mud baths, and waterfalls. Lathering up with the volcanic mud softens the skin and detoxifies the body, and it makes for a fun photo op. Exhaling geothermal energy, the park bubbles with multihued fumaroles, tepid springs and steaming and flatulent mud pots. All of these can be visited on foot via well-maintained trails.
***Note that the Rincón de la Vieja National Park is closed on Mondays.
Private Transfer from Liberia – Borinquen
Room Type: Villa Room
Meals Plan: A la Carte Breakfast
Included: Lodging, daily A la carte breakfast and use of the pool and volcanic treatment areas (natural steam room, volcanic mineral mud and thermal pools).
Horseback Riding to the Waterfalls
Mount your horse up hills and mountains while observing the serene horizon that changes with the hours magically capturing your attention and taking you on a fantastic daydream. This is going to be an exciting journey through mountains and the forest. Enjoy a wonderful view of Guanacaste’s Pacific Coast, pass by the hidden waterfall on your way to the Magical Mystery Waterfall and relax and cool down by the crystal clear waters. Experience exuberant forests, listen to the roaring waters of rivers and waterfalls and discover the legacies while spotting rare species of birds, lizards and mammals on your 3 hour ride.
Included: Equipment, Bilingual Guide
Private transfer to Arenal volcano /La Fortuna
The Northern Plains of Costa Rica showcases some very scenic countryside towns. Small agriculture communities and cattle ranches cover rolling hills and deep valleys. The plains, rainforests and rivers make the north central a must-see in any Costa Rica program. The main attraction is the iconic Arenal Volcano. The Arenal Volcano area is Costa Rica’s premier region of exploration and excitement: Arenal is synonymous to adventure and Eco-discovery, where you can embark in a wide variety of activities. Enjoy the thrill of whitewater rafting or canyoning, or combine adventure with ecological discovery in a canopy tour. Hike the volcano or explore the rainforest strolling through hanging bridges. Feel transformed by the beauty and variety of our wildlife and tropical jungle.
Private Transfer from Borinquen lodge to Arenal volcano
Volcano Lodge & Springs
Room Type: Superior Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
Arenal Hanging Bridges Hike
The hanging bridges forest reserve comprises 243 hectare of protected forest. It is ideal for hikers who would like to discover and admire the unique characteristics of the tropical rainforest. On the 3.1-kilometer circuit you will go across 15 impressive bridges, some of which are suspended over the forest. Others are stationary. The bridges have different lengths and heights and were made with the intention of receiving a different perspective on the flora and fauna.
Included: Transportation, bilingual guide, entrance fee, snacks and beverages.
Private transfer to Tango Mar Hotel / Playa Quizales, Tambor
Facing the Gulf of Nicoya in Quizales Beach, Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas has its own private beach area and outdoors pool. Free Wi-Fi connection is possible throughout. The minimalist-style decorated rooms are air conditioned. All rooms have a balcony overlooking the gardens or the sea. At Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas there are two restaurants that serve Italian and international-style meals. There is also a snack bar in the hotel by the pool. The property also has sun terraces, gardens, and tennis courts. Massage services are given in the spa and wellness centre, plus there is a fitness centre available. Guest may also use the solarium and golf course. Tango Mar Beachfront Boutique Hotel & Villas may arrange snorkelling and fishing tours, horse riding or bike rides into the mountains. Tortuga Island can be reached by boat in 20 minutes, and Montezuma town is 30 minutes’ drive away.
Private Transfer from Arenal to Tambor
Tango Mar Hotel
Room Type: Beachfront Room
Meals Plan: Breakfast
|Tortuga Island Snorkeling Tour
|Visit the white sand beaches of the island and explore the magnificent coral reef nearby. This trip will take you from Tambor bay in a panoramic 20 minutes trip to the Tortuga Island. The surrounding bay as well as the amazing rock formations along the way will make of this an exhilarating experience. Once on the island enjoy its relaxing surroundings, sunbath or just lay around under the Almond and Palm trees. Then we’ll pick up our trip and go to a snorkeling spot in the ocean where you’ll enter in contact with a stunning underwater world, inhabited by hundreds of varieties of fish and Corals with more vivid colors than words can describe. Humpback Whales, dolphins and Sea turtles can be sometimes spotted during this trip.
Included: Transportation, sandwiches & drinks and Snorkeling equipment and towels.
Free day at tango mar Beach resort
Tango Mar offers a wide variety of tours that enable you to discover the protected Nicoya Peninsula. They include: horseback riding along the beach (to Montezuma), boat-tours through the Mangroves or to the nearby Tortuga Island (snorkeling), deep-sea fishing and scuba diving. The natural wildlife of Cabo Blanco Strict Nature Reserve and Curu National Wildlife Refuge are nearby and guided visits can be arranged to learn about the flora and fauna of the area.
Transfer to Liberia airport
After an amazing time of absolute highlights in our beautiful Costa Rica, it is time to return home. Please be advised that it takes approx 4 hrs to get from Tambor to Liberia Airport by land. Once at the International Airport you must check in at least 3 hours prior to your departure time. We recommend you stay the night in Liberia prior to your departure date if you have an early departure time.
- Personalized information, map of Costa Rica, vouchers.
- 24/7 Customer service for emergencies.
- Private transfers: Liberia Airport to Borinquen Resort, Borinquen Resort to Arenal Volcano and Tango Mar Resort to the Liberia International Airport.
- 07 nights lodging at hotels indicated in the above itinerary. Breakfast and local taxes.
- Tours indicated here below:
- Horseback riding tour to the waterfall
- Hanging bridges at Arenal
- Safari float to Peñas Blancas river
- Tortuga Island snorkeling tour
- Other meals not indicated in the itinerary.
- Other tours and activities not indicated in the itinerary.
- National Park Entrance fees.
- Airport taxes.
- International Flights.
- Personal expenses, tips and extras at hotels.
- Travel insurance.
- The most important things to bring are your travel documents: a valid passport, flight and hotel information, health insurance card and driver’s license (if you plan on renting a car in Costa Rica). We advise you to make three copies of these documents. Put one copy in your carry-on bag, one copy in your suitcase and leave one copy at home.
- Basic Tropical forests, colorful wildlife and spectacular beaches are part of daily life in Costa Rica. The climate varies depending on where you are, so pack accordingly.
- Prepare for hot, humid summers. Shorts, T-shirts, sundresses, skirts and tank tops in lightweight fabrics should keep you cool. Take a sweater for evenings at a higher elevation.
- Bring plenty of sunblock. Also include insect repellent, a wide-brimmed hat, sunglasses and a swimsuit.
- Take rubber-soled sandals or hiking boots for journeys into the rain forests. Flip-flops and sandals are great for resorts and hanging out by the beach.
- Pack separate clothes for evenings. Simple dresses are great for women, while men will do well in long shorts and a button-down shirt.
- Prepare for cool winters, particularly in the northern regions and at higher elevations. Long pants and long-sleeved shirts are a must, while a fleece jacket or a sweater is advisable.
- Take an umbrella if you plan to travel between May and November – Costa Rica’s wettest period.
- A rain slicker will come in handy while hiking.
- Take an electric converter and adapter.
- Things to Add to Your Coronavirus Packing List
- Hand sanitizer: The CDC recommends hand sanitizers with greater than 60% ethanol or 70% isopropanol to kill coronavirus.
- Alcohol/ Disinfecting Wipes. To quickly and easily disinfect surfaces like doorknobs and light switches you encounter in your travels, you’ll also want some disinfecting wipes like Clorox or Lysol brand to take with you.
- Masks/Face coverings. Masks are a necessity in our daily life now, but are even more important for travelers. Pack plenty of masks because you might not have access to the same laundry options as back home. And if you are headed on a trip to a destination with a different climate, pack a wide variety of different kinds of masks. You might find one works better for different activities, humidity levels, or temperatures.
From US $ 1,435.00 p.p.
Interested in this package? If you inquire, we will send you a detailed proposal with a 100% accurate price. The rate listed here is per person, based on our low season rates, with double occupation, transportation, tours, meals, taxes, and service fees included as described, unless otherwise indicated. Not included in the price are travel insurance, personal expenses and international airfare. Remember that all our packages are customizable at no extra cost.